The house of god

Determination over disability

My morning workout with my physio and wife saw me climb the hill to our local church and enter the doors and take a breather before the decent.
Fully exerted all pleased with my achievement.

Always keep going even though it seems like you can’t

12 Likes

@mrfrederickson Fantastic, and it looks pretty steep. Were the guard rails a help?

4 Likes

Derek, hi there,
How are you doing? Up or down ?
By the way, how did you get on with Magnesium Threonate?
I bought it, but haven’t started it (I take liposomal Mg in the evening)
ciao, Roland

5 Likes

WOW that looks like hard work. Good for you for achieving that :clap:. You’ll sleep well tonight

Onwards and upwards everyone :+1:

Regards Sue

4 Likes

Great news Derek
I’m not experiencing any bad sid effects the up side is the increase in testosterone. CV ve

5 Likes

Yes Derek th rails were a plus up and down, I had a few pauses to catch my breath and lean on the rail

4 Likes

Yes Susan I will sleep like a baby really took it out of me but satisfying.

5 Likes

You just proved to yourself that things CAN GET BETTER, and will continue to do so.

Congratulations!!

5 Likes

Amazing achievement @mrfrederickson you are doing so well. You should be very proud :clap::clap:

4 Likes

@mrfrederickson

I can only say

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

The guard rails my wife and physio in attendance to prevent me from falling down the slope

3 Likes

Well done!
Problem with leaves as they keep falling off the trees!

We’ve got walnut tree that’s very nearly finished dumping them on the ground and then I’ll go and pick them up. They are a good weed suppressant because they have a toxin in them

But the horn beams are still turning yellow and the amalachier still turning red so I’m not going to go and sweep the leaves up there until they’re finished falling on the ground :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson Good work my friend, I hope that your recovery continues to improve. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks mrs5k it isn’t til I see the pictures that I realised what I’ve done, at the time all I wanted to do was make it into the church where my family worship every Sunday so I could participate too

If anything it is a lesson in determination. Something that all us SS need in buckets.

Keep on pushing the boundaries every body.

4 Likes

Thanks Simon there’s some beautiful colours even in decaying leaves.

5 Likes

You were right Sue, was just out as my head hit the pillow, even today I’m dozing a bit as the effort took it out of me

3 Likes

Thanks strings

I hope one day to walk in there stick free as I once did.

5 Likes

@mrfrederickson Keep your eyes on the prize and best wishes. One day you will do it.

3 Likes

Impressive stuff Derek , particularly those steps. I’ve never appreciated until now white edges to steps , did a couple of nose dives in early days. Like you have peripheral vision loss and can assure you after three years am gaining confidence all the time to risk more. Find dark glasses essential if sun pokes through and car headlights

3 Likes

My back doorstep blends in a little too perfectly with the patio. So several years ago I said to heck with looks and I painted around the edge of it with white paint. Now I don’t worry anymore about missing that step and face planting the patio :rofl: :woozy_face: