Practicing for my new Uber job as a delivery guy

The government want over 50’s back in work and think Uber delivery drivers are in demand,
Managed 4 km so good practice for any prospective employer.

To be honest what right minded individual is going to put 60 something people on push bikes in modern day traffic who are impaired in any way hope it’s just silly politicians making nonsense noises

5 Likes

I know I’d be under the wheels of a car before I got to the end of our quiet cul-de-sac :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Not a career path I was looking at but if they start getting funny on ESA I may be forced to make changes

4 Likes

I’ve got an old bike in my shed. Needs some attention. Like me.
Any offers?

:no_bicycles:

1 Like

There’s a chance for you in a new career then Bobbi, I know I can’t walk let alone ride for a living, but politicians are quite mad in this country

3 Likes

I wonder if that politician was any relation to Thatcher, she was a keen on getting people on their bikes to go looking for work :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank God we have only sane representatives here! :flushed:

All joking aside, seems like the same business, different era. Those who have and can, want those who don’t have and/or can’t do, to do all the dirty work, and send the taxes to those who already have and are able, so they can have benefits way beyond the usual. sorry if I got too political

2 Likes

No worries

After a stroke politics are meaningless

When you look at mountains you realise how irrelevant they all are.

2 Likes

I could not agree more!

1 Like

Wasn’t a tebbit rather than Thatcher.
Tebbit said that’s what his dad did and therefore other people should do the same. I and several family friends moved in order to find work…

2 Likes

Yes merry too my drive is one in two so a death trap in my current state.

3 Likes

I see myself as partly retired but open to a sensible job opportunity catering for my condition.

4 Likes

If the Uber thing doesn’t work out, I suppose you could all be cam girls or calendar guys! That might be easy enough.

2 Likes

? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? !!!
:interrobang:

3 Likes

Yes but not destined to make much revenue at my age I’m hardly mr universe , was very good before the stroke but a long spell of improvement needed to bring me back to my muscular self, too much wasted away by not using it quite sad really.

3 Likes

There was a lovely movie probably in the 90s called Calendar Girls and I think it may have been based on a true story of elder women in Britain. I will have to look that up again. Seems like Judi Dench was in it. Great movie. I am still with the idea. Seems a lot easier than trying to jump in on cannibis farming. Everyone is doing that these days. Found it:calendar girls movie cast - Google Search

OR:https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/calendar_girls/

I was aware of a film my exclamation mark was my reaction to the idea of doing it
:bangbang:
I was questioning the reality :question:

:grin:

1 Like

Cam girls and calendar guys happen all the time! And of course, the population of most Westernized countries is aging, so why not? I feel creepy looking at men young enough to be my son. Just a thought. I mean, if we must find work!

1 Like

Your up late must be nearly 4:00 a.m.

1 Like

Just finishing the weekend dishes! I used to work overnights quite a bit. I equate night time with chores. I do miss late night grocery shopping. After Covid, not much stays open overnight anymore, but no one would take me now anyway. I used to go after work, between midnight and 3 am. Very pleasant. No crowds.