Wonderful Video on Leg Strength

3 simple exercises on building strength in the legs…all body weight.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Outlander
I can’t do the ones that involve standing on one leg (my leg doesn’t lift off floor) but will definitely try the rest.

Thank you.

2 Likes

My right leg is the weak one I can do that one-leg thingy just a couple of inches up and down. Keep working that leg and best wishes

3 Likes

Hi Outlander, very good exercises! I already do the sits to stands - glad to have it confirmed I am doing them properly. Will try the single leg dip, though I dont know if I will be able to on my week leg - but I can that make that a goal! I already do the tip toes thing, but he suggests interesting variations.

Thanks for posting! Jean :woman_in_motorized_wheelchair: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Jfitz The One leg bit is hard for sure. Let’s keep trying though eh?
For the tippy toe one you need your Ballet shoes. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best of luck.
Derek

1 Like

Great clip, Derek, well explained

This is pretty much my (near) daily routine and certainly sit-to-stand and its many forms and variations has been in my routine set by my physio trainer… Now I do sit-to-stand activating my Gluteus-Medius simultaneously as I stand.

ciao, Roland

1 Like

@pando
Roland, a couple of weeks ago, I did too many sit to stands, many reps and sets. The next day My right leg buckled under me as I was going down the steps and nearly fell. Too much of a good thing eh?
:face_exhaling:

2 Likes

…and I don’t do them on locked-glute days (every other day)

1 Like