Will you try this picture challenge?

The surrounding tags used to form the grid use similar but not identical conventions to html the syntax is they use
square brackets instead of chevrons and
at least for the grid they cannot be in line

I wrote the above with a mix of markdown & html.

The grid & /grid are case insensitive but must be surrounded by square brackets and be the only text on the line (apart from spaces are allowed).

A trailing full stop will break recognition of the tags so will the ! that starts the image tag - there must be a new line between the closing square bracket and the exclamation mark

BTW the text in square brackets after the image tag exclamation mark is the image title and you can change it to anything you want. The vertical bar or pipe symbol marks the end of the title and the numbers with an x in the middle are the picture dimensions (? in the grid¿) - I haven’t fully worked out how changing those is processed

2 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh can I suggest starting a new thread, which might be of interest to some, giving a tutorial and practice area for markup. From what I’ve read html is discouraged as it is being phased out. In the future posts using it may no longer function as expected.

2 Likes

Not sure you want this reply here %~}
(I’m happy to abandon this conversation so as to not divert the thread)

Everything that’s browser based has to use HTML. Discourse is a browser based application so it can’t stop using HTML.

Do you mean discourse’s own text editor that currently allows raw encoding when you write a post is moving to mark down only?

It does seem we don’t have the bbc plugin (Is that correct @CommunityAdmin ?) Least ways I can’t get colour fonts in a p tag or span tag or a div tag or css to modify p tag to work at all

2 Likes

@Mahoney
To make the grid work type…

[Grid] on a line on its own
Then insert your pictures
Then insert [/grid] on a line on its own

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Random pics from some happy times.

5 Likes

So those are Devon scones…

1 Like

Some food related ones as per prev. request

5 Likes

Well, we were in Devon @SimonInEdinburgh so thought we’d better have Devon ones :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

@Mahoney

At the risk of getting it wrong again, a favourite pastime of mine, I will insist that these pictures are a delight to view. Thanks for sharing. You are lucky to have such picturesque surroundings - to be enjoyed whenever possible, obviously.

It would be interesting to view these same views through the seasons’ changes.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

Great pics @Mahoney you have some lovely walks near by.

2 Likes

My grid will work eventually… :thinking:

5 Likes

Hurray!!

6 Likes

:A few oldies, from before stroke:

7 Likes

Nottingham Caribbean Carnival last Sunday, a few pics I took.

3 Likes

Looks like it was a fun time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Berwick on Tweed food and beer festival
:slight_smile:

A

3 Likes

Great stuff, Ive never seen a goat meat seller before. Funnily enough I was joking as we left the Caribbean carnival parade it’s put me in the mood for some curry goat!

2 Likes

We bought various bits of goat including goat liver - my wife’s a fan of liver and bacon - it’s not the first seller we’ve seen in the markets we have a game dealer who as well as regular stuff does squirrel rabbit hare goat. Our x stray cat is a fan of the rabbit shoulders and they actually work out better value than tinned cat food because he eats them does not leave ½, in fact he eats it bone and all

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Rabbit stew and dumplings, one of my all time favourites, but not had any for ages, there’s no rabbit for sale around here. It’s no good, we’ll have to move north! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hugely decadent shared lunch treat yesterday at the House of Oz Ed-fringe venue .

shared glass of Australian red wine!! You go with the
shared thin veggiemite pizza!! !

Sadly the fringe finishes this weekend and the venue isn’t open afterwards. It reverts to being a regular church for the rest of the year. So just one month per year it becomes a quiet haven that isn’t very well known.
The glass of wine was the same price as a cup of coffee! Ie ridiculously cheap & not “wow the coffee’s expensive!”

3 Likes