What a day

Tuesday morning 9 am man from council came to look at all internal doors fine, 930 2 more came to fit new extractor fans and replace light builds, good 10 another 6 turned up to do electric for solar panels 2 more on roof fitting panels, 3 more which were bosses dog going nuts cat running around with all the noise my head was all over the place but they put me at ease as I was becoming overwhelmed, really nice bunch chatting and keeping animals at ease all done by 1 o’clock, Thursday another lot coming to insulate loft so another early up council really going to town on my daughter house, there putting a lot of solar panels on houses in this area, but as I asked generators power during nice days when no body’s home but nights we use power grid, why not install batteries to catch power and release evening when we need it said council won’t put batteries in, still it’s a start exsiting day

3 Likes

Sounds busy! Quite a day. Have a cup of tea! :coffee: :blush:

3 Likes

Sounds manic hope it didn’t stress you too much. Would imagine from the solar panels that they are selling the energy straight to the national grid then.

2 Likes

Sounds like it was a very busy day for you but at least a lot was sorted in one day. Once they’ve done the loft you’ll be all toasty & able to rest for a few days x

1 Like

Lot of things going in favour of solar at the mo. The technology for the panels is getting more efficient and the cost to produce is falling.
Battery technology seems to be evolving at a fantastic rate and cheaper materials such as sodium might be used instead of lithium.

If only they could recycle older solar panels and make them hail resistant.

It might be possible with decent batteries for homes to not draw anything from the grid for days on end. Every home (south facing) might become self sufficient for large periods.

2 Likes

How did you qualify for all of this?

I expect the panels put everything they generate that you’re not using into the grid so the electricity isn’t lost it’s used by others and then when you need demand that isn’t being supplied by the panels it gets supplemented from the grid

Don’t be surprised if the excitement leaves you with a day or two or fatigue :(. Maybe it will be a learning experience for how your mental resilience post-stroke is recovering ? :slight_smile:

Onwards and upwards

1 Like