Stress

moving is stressful when you ha ve had a stroke 2 uyears ago hubby wants to chuck stuff i dont so its xcausinfg friction he urns to the bottle i recently fell over a week ago and cant help him pack , he wants to chuck t what do i dohings that are personel to me, i cant walk very good , so cant escape

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re stressed. Moving is a very stressful process even if you haven’t had a stroke.

I know you had a fall so aren’t able to help as much but could hubby put stuff somewhere where you could then perhaps sort through things yourself?

Moving is a good opportunity to have a good clear out especially if moving a long wau. Maybe you could both compromise? What about seeing if your son could help?

Have you considered getting a firm in that will pack everything for you?

2 Likes

Aye, and there are removal businesses who are experienced in helping people with disabilities move house.

3 Likes

I think I might understand. While I was still in hospital, my daughters cleared out my things. They did not throw them out, but moved them to make space for me to get around without seeing and having trouble walking. I felt so lost without my things and am still trying to find them bit by bit in the garage. I am still glad they didn’t throw me out with the garbage. Because I have been without most of it for 2.5 years now, it has become easier for me to dispense of much of it as I find it. One daughter did take a bit to her own place, and that was fine with me. I would have given those things to her had she asked anyway. I would refuse to get rid of anything very special to me, even if it is just a rock you collected. Compromise, certainly, but regardless of whether anyone else sees it as useful or worth keeping, it should still be up to you. I felt I had lost life as I knew it, and to come home to even more changes perhaps made me feel a bit erased.

2 Likes

havnt found one hubby rang as he does thaty side of things thanks, got a cleaner coming today cant exspect son to come from west midlands as he works ,

3 Likes

hubby wanrted to gety rid of personel stuff from son as he isnt as sentimal as me

3 Likes