Some downtime

Some of you know I likely had a TIA a couple weeks before Christmas. I’ve battled on at work since but the fatigue has been horrendous. I’ve seen my GP tonight & she’s signed me off work for 2 weeks. I’m disappointed I’ve got to this stage but if I’m honest I’m very grateful that I’ve got a couple of weeks now to try & regroup & get back on track. Not sure how I carried on this far to be fair…stubbornness I think :rofl::rofl:

I’ve also been getting a lot of tingling in my affected arm and hand which has started to wake me up at night. I thought it was perhaps related to my frozen shoulder, which is a little less frozen than it was, but the GP said it could be from stroke as its quite common. I guess i’ll find out for sure when my frozen shoulder is fixed.

Just when you think you’re doing ok…

8 Likes

Best decision you could have made in my view. You know the brain needs to rest and time to heal, it’ll thank you later for a little time off, you’re superwoman :wink: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

A little R&R Will be a very good thing :slight_smile:

Focus on something restful

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@EmeraldEyes I kinda figured that when I opted to do some mandatory training because everything else I touched i messed up that it was time to rest up :rofl::rofl: i really hope my brain thanks me later :grin:

@SimonInEdinburgh something restful is definitely on the cards. Starting with an extra couple of hours kip tomorrow morning :grin::grin:

2 Likes

image :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Superwoman!! I don’t know how you’ve managed to carry on working but I’m sure a few weeks off will do you good. I can’t believe how tired I get just existing! Take it easy and relax doing whatever makes you happy. There’s more to life than work - slow down!

3 Likes

@Apple thank you. I don’t know how i’ve carried on either. I’m very stubborn & don’t like giving in. I’ve literally been struggling through at work & sleeping…life has very much been on hold.

I’m looking forward to being able to do something simple like put a piece in my jigsaw :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I know the stubborn card, and play it often. It can backfire. I am aware that we are our own worst enemy, not listening and giving time for our bodies to heal. Drive is good, very good, but when need, it’s time to take time out. Hope you tingling settles, ciao, Roland

4 Likes

Thank you Roland @pando I am too stubborn for my own good sometimes but i also don’t like letting people down. But you are very right about taking time out when needed.

Hope you’re doing ok xx

3 Likes

Ye take the time to relax @Mrs5K . I was surprised how tired I was in my first month off. I’m signed off until 23rd of this month. I too am stubborn just like my star sign and never off. Mentally I wasn’t ready to go back and glad I haven’t went back. Take care and destress.

Steve

4 Likes

Thank you Steve @Steevo_fife I’ve struggled with fatigue since my stroke 2 years ago. Then since my TIA i feel like i’ve gone right back to square 1 with my fatigue.

If you’re thinking of going back to work make sure you’re properly ready. It’s more tiring than you’ll imagine. Start slowly & build back up gradually.

Best wishes

Ann

4 Likes

I took early retirement 15 years ago so I didn’t have the worry of returning to work. I take my hat off to anyone who has to go back but in the meantime, lots of R & R for you.

4 Likes

I am so sorry. I had no idea. I am so glad you will be off work awhile, and hope with rest you will be feeling back to your norm. I can’t imagine going back to work ever again. I thought for quite some time I would be able to. I am glad now not to have to. My pockets would be a little more full, but we have what we need. My prayers for you. Please come talk with us anytime you feel like it.

6 Likes

I dont know how you have carried on working! I have been trying to return to some kind of work since July but keep having ‘episodes’ or decompensations of stroke (I posted on this recently). Im worn out just exhisting which is frustrating. Give yourself time to rest and recover, everyone keeps saying how important this is. Wishing you all the best with your recovery.

3 Likes

How about thinking of it as “in order to not let you down in the long term I have to leave something or let you to do something for yourself in the short term”¿

3 Likes

@clibbers1 thank you returning to work has been tough. A lot harder than i expected but i’m too young not to give it a try. I’m hoping this is a temporary blip but will see how i go. If redundancy was on offer right now i’d probably take it. Hope you’re doing ok?.

2 Likes

@DeAnn there were times when I thought i’d never go back & in somecways I feel lucky that i’ve been able to albeit to a different role & on shorter hours. I was doing okish till the TIA hit & i now feel like i’m back at the beginning. I’ve done it once so am sure i can get there again.

Thank you for your kind words. Everyone here is so supportive.

Hope you’re doing ok xx

3 Likes

@Ktrean60 it has been tough but I am a determined individual. I did have 18 months off after my stroke though & went back on reduced hours for almost 4 months but never got back to full time & i had a change of job role. I too get worn out really easily & since Dec have been running on empty.

Give yourself time you’ll hopefully be able to make a return to work but only do it when you’re ready.

Sending you my best wishes.

Ann x

3 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh thats a very good way of looking at it. Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Hi DeAnn,

I found it so soothing just reading this post. It’s the thought you put into your replies, your concern, and kindness. Please never leave this group,

ciao, Roland

5 Likes