Silence isn't always Golden

I am going to try and word this in a way I hope at least one person understands.

Post stroke, my head is so silent.

Pre stroke, I would always have thoughts running riot, “ooh what shall we have for tea/”. “Hope the weather is good the weekend to paint the fences” etc

On seeing something online I would think "I bet XXXXX (my granddaughter)would like that.

Just anything! Unless someone is talking to me, my head is just SILENT.

Is it just me???

5 Likes

Didn’t your head just say to you “hmmm, something’s different maybe I should ask those folk on the forum if they’ve found the same thing?”

What I find is I constantly think “next time it’s a nice sunny day I can do x or y z”, and when it’s a sunny day I look at x and y and z and think when it’s next raining I can do I’ll do a or b or c" so whatever it is whether A to Z it never gets done :frowning:

I’m currently sitting in the sun in the garden looking at a tray plants to go into the flower beds - BUT I’m going to send this message and then I’m going to spend 10 minutes putting at least one of them in!

Caio
Simon

5 Likes

Early days, Dido

Your good old self is still in there, perhaps hiding, or perhaps, a little bit still in shock? In time, you’ll poke your head out, and you won’t be able to shut yourself up … you’ll be talking everyday to yourself and anyone you can get a hold of.

Good luck, and hope it’s back to normal soon, ciao, Roland

5 Likes

I had that initially i think it was probably just too much effort to think of anything. In time it did return though & now sometimes I wish it would quieten down again. Give it time it should start to come back again.

3 Likes