Photography - sharing hobbies and leisure

Just beautiful! Made me smile!

3 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

We’ve a robin nesting in a NON cat safe tool store. I’m going to have to rig something up to keep Tyger out.

I haven’t worked out where the blue tits are yet they normally use a few holes in the house. The sparrows are in the ivy that climbs up the front :slight_smile:

Caio
Simon

2 Likes

Great photographs to see on such a drab, dreary day.

2 Likes

Wanted to get out and enjoy the sunshine with my camera today. It’s still very wet out there so it’s difficult to find somewhere to go where my walker won’t get bogged down in the mud! So decided on going over to a local Garden Centre and seeing what the Feather and Fur place was like there… and I was really impressed! Lots of different birds of prey all in lovely surroundings with very friendly staff and best of all only £3 to get in! :joy: It’s not always easy to photograph captive birds as the netting used for the aviaries tends to get in the way. A nice wide aperture and focussing on the bird’s eye helps. The Barn Owl was out for a walk which made life a bit easier!

6 Likes

Wow i love these & the previous photos too. They made me smile :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Said I’d post some pictures from the picture books I was reading…

That was an experiment.
Need to improve some aspects of the pics & there presentation. Still day one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Okey Dokey. I see fashion of the ages, looking to be ceremonial for war, wedding, burial, and possibly rites of ‘royalty’. but where does this fit in?

?

Nevermind, I see it now that the picture is enlarged. I thought it was a cartoon character wearing short and a tee shirt with another mop headed character sticking his tongue out at us all. It seemed funny. I suppose those are lions, and an armoured cover for a knight of maybe the holy roman impire???

4 Likes

Hic jacet = here lies…Joh(ann)es Wantele…qui obit… who died 29th January in the year of our lord 1424 …cuj(us) a(n)I(ma)e p(ro)picietur dues… on soul may God have mercy" in heraldic jupon /surcoat emblazoned ‘vert, three leopards heads argent langed gules’ in plate armour of the period.

Lea & went to Amberley church on 6th Nov '84

The plate is from Stothard drawn in 1814 published 1832

The photos are because I’m taking part in an Oxford uni neuro research study on post stroke mood and I had to plan & carryout a pleasable task and this has been my to-do list for some years!

I’ll do another book on Friday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw this Kestrel hovering by the side of the perimeter track around an airfield. Luckily it stayed in place longer enough for me to lean on my car and get some pictures of it!

5 Likes

Lovely hovering photograph.

1 Like

Had a great day out on Monday playing music at a fundraiser for Strelley village church. The graveyard is a really nice place on a sunny day provided of course that you’re above ground. This pic is one of my friends finally playing with the Stones

6 Likes

how very pretty! looks much like a hawk.

1 Like

I love seeing you back at this! As well as enjoying your sense of humor! So glad you are above ground and got to see the stones. Was there any rolling? (of stones, or of those in the graves?)

2 Likes

@DeAnn those below stayed pretty quiet, don’t think we disturbed them :grin:

2 Likes

Some piccies

4 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh great selection of piccies.
I particularly like the wonderful range of symbolism on the Ruskin stone. That Jackalope is pretty cool too.

2 Likes

We were going to buy the jackalope but we were one person late in making an offer :frowning:

the Ruskin grave was full of symbolism

2 Likes

Great selection of pics.

A proper sweet shop. Reminded me of my childhood…choc limes & jelly babies are my fav :blush:

1 Like

Not had time for much photography lately but here’s a pic of the Welsh poppies growing in our garden. Loads of lovely little blue forget-me-nots too at the moment. Also Peony and a lovely Rhubarb and Custard plant.

3 Likes

Great photos of beautiful flowers. I’ve never heard of a rhubarb & custard plant. Sounds like something i’d eat for dessert :grin:

2 Likes