Photography - sharing hobbies and leisure

Hi @DeAnn

Glad you liked them. I really like the fact they are pretty candid and ‘up close and personal’. I’d like to improve the quality if I can, but will wait for my new laptop to arrive as the processing is pretty slow on my wind-up laptop :joy:

Yes they do look like puffins :joy:, but as mentioned in threads above., they are magpies.

Actually none of the cats are mine. ‘word on the street’ was there’s free cat biscuits in our back garden and the guy who lives there can’t tell the difference to peanuts! :joy:. Our cats were too busy stuffing heir faces with Felix indoors. So I guess your cat has a doppelganger? :joy:.

Keep Smilin’

Steve

2 Likes

We have the starlings someone brought across the pond many moons ago. They are pretty, their flight formations are awesome, but with no natural preditors here, the numbers have grown to overwhelming. Still lovely to look at though, and thankfully don’t eat the other birds, although might starve them a bit by eating all the goodies.

2 Likes

Ok almost there. The new mounting plate came today, so have mounted the 36x. I did consider using the same mount for both lenses and taking a screwdriver so I could swap lenses, but that seemed like a lot of messing around, so each is mounted on its own plate.

All I need to do now is get off my botty and tray for that piccy of the French clock or the moon again, should there happen to be and evening with no cloud!

Pic follows…

Cheers

Steve

3 Likes

Red Kites are frequent visitors to the trees in our garden. They sit there making a heck of a racket! This was taken from my bedroom window.

3 Likes

What a great photo. Love it.

2 Likes

Thank you! They are very photogenic!

2 Likes

Wow! That is a regal bird. Looks like a cross between and owl and a hawk.

1 Like

A selection of photographs I have taken since my strokes:-

The Anther of an Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) flower.
Small Tortoiseshell in Garden
Peacock Butterfly in Garden
Hover Fly 2
The Moon, (taken had held)

5 Likes

What a great selection of photos. Very talented.

1 Like

@Jeffrey_RCT
Handheld is impressive!! aperture full open I expect and a fairly long exposure so elbows well tucked in control the breathing¿
Nice macro shots too

If you’re interested : you can caption Your pictures and change the scaling/cropping by altering the tag that gets inserted The bit in square brackets is the caption and the pixel count

And you can put them in a grid either by hand entering the tax or by using the 9 little squares icon in preview mode

2 Likes

Hello Simon

Thanks for the compliment.

Having 5 axis in-body image stabilization helps immensely, some of the Metadata details are:-

Lens – 75 – 300mm Set at 300 with a 2 x Digital Converter on (being it’s a Micro Four Thirds camera that equates to a 1200mm lens on a full frame 35mm format).
Aperture - F8
Exposure - 1/100 sec
ISO 200
Metering - Spot
Exposure - Manual

2 Likes

Out for a walk with friends on a glorious day today (Easter Monday). Near Polstead and Raydon in Suffolk. First of the bluebells in flower, quite early but lovely to see.

5 Likes

Hope you enjoyed your walk. It looks beautiful x

4 Likes

Had a weekend away in Hereford.
We’ve been members of the Monumental Brass Society for over 40yrs & this was the first meet we had been to in a few decades!! A move to Scotland from the SE, Work & Kids…

Some stroke lessons learned (mostly “I made it!”)

Some pics

6 Likes

Wonderful selection of photographs

1 Like

Looks like a great time was had. Great photos.

1 Like

Wow! I think we have another thing in common…an eye for intricate or complicated artistry…whether architecture, clothing, patterns, textures…(asking if I am assuming correctly?) Do you also have an ear for complicated music styles? I would say I do, but I also like very simple, more acoustic styles…perhaps when my mind needs a bit of rest. In the complicated, my mind gets much more creative, I see the music, I see what I would add or subtract from the architecture or art or music to make it more attractive to me. It’s kind of a fun puzzle to do in my head.

2 Likes

Yes

Some of my jumpers might illustrate…

7 Likes

I love them all! No boring, run of the mill for us!

3 Likes

The weather has been really grim but I did manage a few hours outside in the garden recently. Roll on some sunshine and warmth!

6 Likes