On holiday as a disabled man

Just completed a stay in Oxfordshire on holiday first outing as a family with me disabled.
We got me in to two nice pubs, walked in with stick. Even got out and got to a view point at white horse hill.
Topping it off with a visit to the ashmolian museum in Oxford city centre. Was pushed around by my son in a wheelchair.
All said and done it was great not as terrifying as I thought it might be unable taxing was great

13 Likes

Great you had agood time Mark

First time doing anything is a bit daunting so good on you for walking parts of your trip too.

1 Like

@mrfrederickson glad you had a great time away. Things often appear more daunting than they really are. Sounds like you did loads.

1 Like

Thanks Andy it all as only the museum tour I needed help all other trips I walked and got in a vehicle an climbed out and entered the premises needed a rest aft each visit and my bad foot complained about it but painkillers were helping

1 Like

Hi Mark Well done you :clap: Sounds like you and your family had a great time.
In my experience the first time doing something is always a bit scary but usually works out well.

Keep up the good work and look forward to your next adventure. Thanks for sharing, it’s always lovely to hear of
a positive story.
Regards Sue

Thanks Lorraine,

Will need a holiday after to recover, the car journey is over 4 hours a long time to be sat down

1 Like

Oh no @Loshy hope you’re ok now. Hopefully you enjoyed Greece despite the flight home xxx

Glad you had a fab time. Panic attacks are very scary but pleased it didn’t take the shine off your holiday :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face: xxx

Thanks everyone I am game if nothing else I’ll try always as I owe it to my wife and family to give them as normal a life as my broken body will allow

2 Likes

Yes I got through it but now know that hat to expect

Wow Lorraine that is brave flying is a long way off

1 Like

Glad you had a good time :slight_smile:

Thanks Mrs5k, no wheelchair bar the one we borrowed at the museum my wife was determined I would stick walk everywhere which I did, hoping to return one day in a fully able condition and walk as beforehand no stick, I can only pray as time passes by I reach a less impaired level

1 Like

Thanks SusanJane, I wish I could bring better news like recovery but my holiday was a good time and an achievement

You did really well Mark, @mrfrederickson I’m sure with your determination that you’ll get better and better with your walking.

I do hope so but it may be a great many years before the results I’m aiming for

1 Like

Each step you take is a step nearer your goal Mark.

1% every day = 365% a year thats some huge progress

1 Like

Yes so true Andy, thanks for the perspective check.

Some fellow recovers set improvements as percentage percentages per year which stretches the recovery to many years which appears to compare with other fellow recovery survivors.

Small goals @mrfrederickson aim for those first then each small goal will become a larger one. Try not to focus on years down the line. A lot can happen in that time. Aim for something this month, next month and build from there. Try not to compare either each persons stroke & recovery is different. You’re doing better than you think. Be proud of yourself.

1 Like