National trust marathon

Just got back home from a trip to riddlesdone hawk in West Yorkshire today, been hobbling about with my stick

4 Likes

Yes Lorraine I pushed myself harder than normal to give my wife and I something of our old days out pre stroke and demonstrate my ability for getting about the place with my stick even though I needed a rest on a bench every so often but still got most places the pebble paths were not easy

4 Likes

Yes the weather was great and we sat in the garden eating our sandwiches

3 Likes

Fabulous Mark @mrfrederickson

It looks lovely there & I bet it was great to be out with your wife enjoying the sunshine.

1 Like

Yes best of times but resting now as my left leg is finished

3 Likes

Hey, wow, that’s fantastic and the best weather yet for it. Get more day’s out like that, where it doesn’t seem so much like a chore.

You’re giving your brain a reminder of what its like while out and about going places and doing things in day to day life, other than the physical motions from therapy and physio. This is all much needed natural brain retraining for building and strengthening it’s sensory perception receptors for things like foot placement and positioning in walking on various ground terrain, as well as for help resetting your sense of balance and instinct. The more you do that sort of thing, the more your confidence grow and your brain feeds on that. That is the snowball effect of walking again. And this has come at best time of year for you as you can get out about more in this finer weather. You’re walking is going to come on in leaps and bounds now :grin:

Looks a lovely day out for you and Mrs F Mark!!!

Hope you’re planning the next one now, warmerweather will help your tight muscles to relax

1 Like

Oh yes planning day trips when on holiday in June and another national trust day at fountain s abbey

2 Likes

Good man Mark!!!

Love our NT days here too

1 Like

More outings planned for the better weather

2 Likes

Well thank you for that trip down memory lane for me Mark :smile:
I’ve had a vision of that place in my head for nigh on 40yrs now but never remembered the name of it or where it was.
We went on a school coach trip there once, and for years, I’ve wanted to go back and really take it in this time but could never remember. Google maps has it pictured just how I remember it, so that’s now a trip to be arranged for sometime in the near future :grin:

1 Like

Yes street view is a great memory jogger I revisited most of my old haunts as a hold to find not much has changed so very reassuring.

1 Like

Happy to hear that Lorraine and finally got to know your first name, we children of the 60’s and70’s have so much to reminisce over.

1 Like