More from the garden

Some snaps that make me smile & u 2 I hope

That Delph is about 8’ high! The slugs were eating it down to the ground till I put copper mesh around the base of it

9 Likes

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing :bouquet:

Regards Sue

1 Like

@SimonInEdinburgh they look great & did make me smile.

Here’s some of the baskets & planters from my garden. Am very pleased with them this year.

4 Likes

The Petunas look specially nice and that’s a lot of grass to cut!
:smile:

1 Like

Fortunately hubby does the grass. We cheat a bit as have a ride on mower :grin::grin:

1 Like

SimonIn–What a glorious garden! Your snaps did make me smile. The first flower is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Jeanne

@axnr911
I’m glad they made you smile :relaxed:

The poppy was self seeded and a perfect bloom. It’s been replaced now by others. It’s in a large dark blue pot by the front door that starts the year with lily of the valley.

Thanks for your adding to the thread. Do you have a garden or plants to post?

1 Like

Hi Simon–I love working in my yard and garden. I did post some of my flowers a while ago on another thread. I just now tried to find them on my computer to “repost” them , so you could see them, but couldn’t find them. I have California poppies in my back yarrd-- they/'re solid orange–very lovely, but not as unusual as yours. Jeanne

2 Likes

I just want to come play in your gardens and beautiful, lush, green grasses. It has been too dry here. Everything not watered is dead. Sad. Grass is slightly greener after a nice full day of rain, but much more is needed. Thank you for the lovely views.

Lovely
Someone is a more disciplined gardener than me.
I love seeing pictures of your garden. I’m much more serendipity driven and there is much less bare earth visible, I guess we plant more density. Also no lilys because we have cats and lilies of very poisonous to cats.

Lea is talking of us going to a open garden today. It’s only open in June and it’s not very far away.
:hibiscus: :sunflower: :sunflower: :rose:

2 Likes

Maintained a garden that was opened for National Garden Scheme for 25 years, April/ May as garden was 75% spring flowers. Always good fun dealing with garden visitors, in a good year 1,000+ Stroked finished all that. Now content to potter around my own small garden .Next year much excitement. Buying a glasshouse as big as my partner will allow. Mainly for growing fruit and veg and for me to sit in foul weather. Watch this space.

4 Likes

ive a small plastic greenhouse…
what was the garden’s name?

2 Likes

The British are known for their gardens. Now I see why. Putting my little bits to shame. I must admit to being more of a vegetable and herb gardener than flowers but I try. I do better with things in the ground than in pots…to dry here so much of the time. Your gardens are all so beautiful and well planned.

Apologies you probably said this before but and I know it’s the states but whereabouts are you?does a zip code mean we can zoom-in on maps right to the property?
You can do that if you do EH22 1qy with Google maps or https://w3w.co/brand.enter.policy for me

1 Like

I managed to have my stroke while the extension to our bungalow was being built. There were loads of things that I was going to do in the garden that I now cant but I can potter and very much enjoy doing so.
One of the things that I was going to do was to prune back the very back of the garden which is sloped and retained by quite a high wall. Now that my balance is poor there’s no way that I would be able to get up there to prune and I will have to pay someone else to do it in the autumn before it damages the shed. But for the moment I think that the jumble of plants is really quite nice and so do the birds and the bees.
shed

weeds4

2 Likes

It looks good @FionaB1 i’d be tempted to leave it if it wasnt for the shed.

Here’s our honeysuckle which is flowering well at the moment.

3 Likes

Lovely honeysuccle. It does well here too. The shed looks good with a few plants draped over it but it gets too wet when it rains which will damage it in the end
shed3

3 Likes

Nothing quiet like a garden shed :wink:
And a wheelbarrow too!!
Some how I’ve managed to amass 3 :smile:

2 Likes

My hubby likes to collect sheds too :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That’s a very sensible husband you’ve got then
My neighbor’s shed has a fridge in it. no such luck with mine though!
I have several boxes of "might come in your handy sometime in the future so better not throw it away… ”

And in fact the fire screen that we had in front of the inglenook 30 years ago did actually prove handy today for a source of spiral bound copper wire :). who’d have known?

2 Likes