Making a sandwich

Food preparation

Unaided a gorgeous cheese and pickle sandwich

12 Likes

Thanks, my son gets credit for an assist in the cutting but the rest is mine, clamping the Flora and pickle jar really helped a lot

2 Likes

Yes it tasted that much better after the effort to get it made, a good test run and proving the food assisted device was a real benefit

4 Likes

Well done. That looks very tasty :yum: Enjoy

Regards Sue

2 Likes

Well done you looks tasty . Nice bread too

2 Likes

Thanks Sue just the right amount of pickle to complement the cheese , I’m a perfectionist in an imperfect world.

2 Likes

One of my favourite sarnies. Hope you enjoyed it. Well done - a great achievement x

2 Likes

Fantastic Mark.

I had one of those kitchen helpers but didnt persevere enough with it…very impressed how youve created your own lunch. Another step towards indepenedence.

Great work buddy after a few days feeling below par…

2 Likes

Thanks Andy assembly of the parts to make it was the first thing and hardest.
Will experiment with opening cans next.

3 Likes

Awesome! Next thing you know, you will be up to chef quality meals! One thing that is great about having a dog is that if I have a little spill (or a big one) she will come clean it up for me. Although, if it is cheese, the cats will probably get to it first. This is exciting news!

1 Like

Thanks DeAnn , yes the dog is a great hover.
Still a few variations to master but well on my way

3 Likes

Thanks Sue I need to be skilled with one arm this appliance gives me comfort I could manage were I to have to operate alone for a short period of time

1 Like

Yes Lorraine it was great for lunch and the clamp made me realise the majority of the left arm’s work is holding or positioning objects for the right

2 Likes

I am having a bit of fun with the English language nuances from one country to another (although they are also different from state to state here as well). Where I live we don’t roast joints, we smoke them…not in a wood fired smoker, though.

4 Likes

Now you are being silly my wife will never let me have that level of influence in her kitchen, certainly supporting her in that process but never the full creative process.

4 Likes

The simple things of life are always the best!! And it’s a true blessing to be able to appreciate them!! :heart: :slightly_smiling_face:Jeanne

2 Likes

Spot on Leanne it made my day.

2 Likes

Yes Mahoney, it did taste pretty good. I’m learning new methods to do old functions.

4 Likes

@mrfrederickson
I’m betting the independence you’ve gained tastes at least as good as the sandwich - which does look rather yummy.
I’m pleased for you.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :sandwich:

(I’ve just started helping with the washing up a bit. I’m clawing back a bit of life as it used to be.)

1 Like

Great to hear Bobbi, normal life is a grind but good for the head as it brings back a state of being once thought lost

2 Likes