Laughter, the best medicine

If there is one “good” thing about my stroke it is the fact that when I view something funny on television, or hear a good joke, I literally shake with laughter. I watched a couple of old Laurel and Hardy films the other day and I thought I would fall off my chair. Monty Python, and Faulty Towers really get me going.
So, I’ve been spending some time watching youtube stand-up comedians. What a treat and it really takes the stress off.
What makes you laugh?
I heard a couple of good one- liners: Did you hear the one about the broken pencil? …its pointless.
Want to know how to stop procrastinating? Ok, I’ll tell you tomorrow.
Any good puns, one liners, or “clean jokes:” ?
Make us laugh. Cheers, Derek.

9 Likes

:sweat_smile:Money talks, but all mine ever says is goodbye.
Did you hear they finally arrested the devil.? They got him on possession.
The problem with kleptomaniacs is that they always take things literally.

5 Likes

Oh gosh, I’m so glad you got that trait too :smile: :crazy_face:

How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.
I was wondering why the frisbee kept getting bigger and bigger, but then it hit me.
I went to buy some camo pants but couldn’t find any.
Just burned 2,000 calories. That’s the last time time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

4 Likes

What’s orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot.

5 Likes

Keep on keepin’ on
:heart: :laughing: :+1:

3 Likes

There’s nothing right with the left part of my brain
There’s nothing left with the right part of my brain

4 Likes

Thankyou for posting this. I really enjoy a laugh at the above.

…and now for something completely different :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I NEED THIS ONE! Awesome!

This one, too! I love it!

Brewster’s Millions got me going!

We all need to laugh!!

Keep smiling :grin::wink:

your frisbee joke sounds like…

I didn’t get much sleep last night because I was working on a problem. I was trying to figure out the exact position of the sun… all night long. Then it dawned on me.

4 Likes

You guys are hilarious: good stuff.
Two sausages are if the pan, frying. One says to the other; "oh my gosh its hot in here. The other says “oh my God”…a talking sausage!

2 Likes

“If there are any idiots in the room, will they please stand up”, said the sarcastic teacher.
After a long silence, one freshman rose to his feet.
“Now then mister, why do you consider yourself an idiot?”, inquired the teacher with a sneer.
“Well, actually I don’t,” said the student, “but I hate to see you standing up there all by yourself.”

3 Likes

What I notice is that films & TV have moments that are made to make you jump.

Now, post stroke I have an incredibly strong reflex action that is undeniable irresistible all pervasive every time they do it.

Anything I’m doing or holding or in contact with me gets shot all over the place

I’d really really really like to be able to go back to not exploding with such a violent physical reaction.

@axnr911 yours gave me the wry-ist smile

2 Likes

Then you wouldn’t survive in our house :laughing:
My daughter has a habit of walking up behind us and poking us in the sides. My hubby literally jump a few inches of the ground last time she got him. And she loves to get me while I’m washing the dishes…just to see the soap suds fly :confounded: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’d probably have knocked her unconscious in the reaction by now :frowning:
I think the cat has worked out not to sit on my lap anymore!

3 Likes

I’m glad someone else mentioned this issue - and its not just me!
My wife and I went to see a play a few months ago and it was a crime thriller. And the main character fired a pistol - well - both me AND the theatre chair must have jumped several feet in the air. Quite funny in retrospect!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nostalgia is no longer how it used to be…

1 Like

“Don’t Fire Until you see the whites of their eggs”.
"a rolling stone…is Mick Jagger.

1 Like