Hi Everyone

Hi, I am new to your group and would like to thank you for having me I had a stroke in December 2022 and I am still recovering from it and looking forward to hearing about ways on how to help myself from everyone

7 Likes

Hi @Foxy88
I’m 3½yrs post & progressing most days :slight_smile: it’s a long slog isn’t it!

Draw up a chair, read, contribute your wins, rants, celebrations and feel the support of folk who actually understand

Welcome :slight_smile:
Caio
Simon

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind reply and am so looking forward to getting to know everyone here yeh its hard but i keep thanking God im still here to tell the tale

5 Likes

Welcome. You will realise by now that stroke recovery is a long haul. Keep going, rest when you need to and things will improve. You may find it helps to keep a diary so that when it feels as if you are going nowhere you can look back and see how far you have come. Feel free to ask any questions , there is usually someone here who will be happy to help.
Janet

4 Likes

Thank you so much Janet i am looking forward getting to know everyone and allbthe help and advice put my way xx

3 Likes

Shwmae @Foxy88, creoso.

3 Likes

Welcome. There are some fantastic resources here and just hearing from people who share your experiences really helps

3 Likes

Hi @Foxy88 and welcome to the club, I hope we can help you as much as we’ve helped each other navigate through this long road to recovery. Look forward to seeing you around the forum :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thank you Emeraldeyes

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind response Shwmae x

2 Likes

Hi and a big welcome to this forum. We are a merry band of stroke survivors and their carers and families.

This forum has been a godsend to me since my stroke 7years ago and continues to be my go to place for information and advice and a shoulder to cry on when things get tough and I hope you find this a useful place to visit.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Sue

4 Likes

Aww thank you so much Sue I am really glad I joined as everyone is so friendly and helpful truly makes me feel better look forward for the future with you all x :blush:

2 Likes

Hi everyone
I’ve got a taxi to the solicitor with my walker and come to town for a look around and coffee.
I feel like my husband is fed up with me. Took me ages to walk across town with zimmer. Proud of my self but sad because it’s so hard. I’m nackered

3 Likes

Welldone@mollybenji you should be proud of yourself and bet your husband is too. Having a stroke can make you feel like people are fed up with you when you having to do things in a different way to what you did before. Congrats on your achievement and enjoy your rest best wishes

3 Likes

Don’t worry about your husband, he’s just having to adapt too, and he will, especially when he see your progress. Well done getting out and about and don’t let your stroke hold you back :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Foxy88 hi & welcome to the community. You’ll hopefully find lots of friendly people with useful advice here. If you’ve got any questions ask away as i’m sure someone will be able to help.

Stroke recovery is definitely a marathon not a sprint.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Best wishes

Ann x

1 Like

@Mollybenji well done on your achievement. Thats a big step & although you’re shattered you did it. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Well done Mollybenji you have achieved something even though you are knackered you done it so be proud of yourself xx

3 Likes

Thank you Ann for your kind words and support x
Still trying to find my way around the site xx

3 Likes

Hi all,
I’m 8 months post stroke. The road is long with bumps along the way and today it feels like frustration and anger. Not being able to be as I was is something not easy to have to adjust to. Today, my arm and hand are not good, so I feet a bit down. My wife is wonderful and I guess I want to do more like I used to. Mostly I’m upbeat. I did do my walk out nonetheless. Keep busy and be patient I guess. Let’s wish for sunny days so we can all get out and enjoy the warmth of the sun again. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes