Difficult weather

Currently watching my wife battening down the hatches in preparation to receive the promised storm Ciaran. It’s times like these, when I see her struggling, that my predicament hits home. It should be ME out there.
It’s our turn, in the south - and you can’t get much further south than where we are. Fortunately, we’re a mile inland from the coast, so won’t be feeling the effects of the on-shore winds too much, but we’ll still be in for a bit of a blow.
Anyone else fearing the worst?

8 Likes

Hope the storm doesn’t affect you too badly. I think we are on the edge of it but not sure if we’ll get hit or not. I’m hoping not but we have just had a torrential downpour.

Stay safe x

5 Likes

Fingers crossed - you too.

3 Likes

We’re in Kent , not on the coast, luckily. At the moment the sun is shining :sun_with_face: :sunny: but the black clouds are gathering as I writing this. Hope things are not too bad wherever you are.

Stay safe everyone.

Regards Sue

4 Likes

West Sussex. Wind is from the west and bringing some ominous clouds, but the bulk of it will be tonight and tomorrow.
Be safe & well.
Bob

4 Likes

Don’t know how good your eyesight is for this, but here’s a live weather satellite for you to keep track of where it is :wink:

(Just click the Play Animation button at the bottom of the screen to see how far it’s travelled in the last few hours.)

I’m not too concerned for ourselves here as we’re further north and reasonably sheltered by the Pennines.

2 Likes

Just watched the local forecast & seems we are now expecting the storm. Batten down the hatches :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella:

2 Likes

Thank you! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

it’s blowing a hoolie up here in Edinburgh and it cccccold :cold_face::cold_face:

2 Likes

Blowing like a good-un down here. Not too cold but wwwwwet.

2 Likes

Looks like we’ve been fairly lucky thus far. No serious damage yet, that I can see. The wheelie bins were put out last night for this mornings collection, and seem to have had some exciting adventures during the night, making the pavements resemble an elongated chessboard.
Let’s see what the day brings.
Hope everyone faired as well.

1 Like

Dawlish was interesting this morning. For whatever reason, a bit before high tide around 9am, the sea seemed to calm. Prior to that, the waves were pounding in & crashing into the sea wall. A couple made it over the wall nearest the line. Difficult to believe looking at it now

https://www.youtube.com/live/DpzIYaYqAAM?si=0UQyzh9LIM8H2K8w

This was 8 years ago. The sea wall has been raised substantially since then. A sunny day with the waves smashing against the sea wall is great for photography.

4 Likes

We are up to c already? Didn’t we just have storm Boba Fett or Bilbo Baggins last week? I’ve been top to toe with two hot water bottles this week.

3 Likes

Ha-ha-ha…,. No, it was Babett, I think.

3 Likes

I apologise to everyone about my storm

C :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:polar_bear: :wink:

Polar bear in snow storm Stock Photo - Alamy

1 Like