Creatine for Fatigue?

Hi Pinch,
I decided against it. I was going to you to build some muscle back in my left arm. But I had fatigued quite a bit in the beginning I found it the best thing was eating a lot of carbs in the morning for sure.

3 Likes

Hi @Mikedob

Thanks for letting me know. I haven’t yet decided but good to hear your experience. If I do end up taking it, I’ll be sure to drink plenty of fluid.

Cheers

Nigel

4 Likes

Coincidentally, I had blood taken again yesterday, because my kidney function is low. The preparation instruction they gave me for 24hrs prior to the test was to not eat and meats and drink plenty of water.

So naturally I wanted to know why and this is what I found on the internet:

Why can’t you eat meat before a blood test … Last result said my kidney function was low.

In some less common situations, you may also be asked not to eat any cooked meat the night before the test. Cooked meat can increase the level of creatinine in your blood and affect your eGFR results.

eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate) is a measure of how well your kidneys are working. Your eGFR is an estimated number based on a blood test and your age, sex, and body type.

Creatinine is a chemical waste product of creatine.
Creatine is a chemical made by the body and is used to supply energy mainly to muscles. This test is done to see how well your kidneys work. Creatinine is removed from the body entirely by the kidneys.

3 Likes

@EmeraldEyes

Thanks for this information, it’s very interesting. My current thinking is that my fatigue is caused by brain fatigue rather than anything muscular, so I can’t see that creatine would help - but the only way I’ll ever know is to try it, so I may do in the future but I’m not ready yet to try different supplements.

Cheers

Nigel

2 Likes

I think Folic Acid might be what cured the fatigue for me. A blood test found I was low in that so the doctor put me on a high dose for two weeks and to continue with the over the counter strength after that. I was about 6/8mths post stroke and had lost a lot of muscle mass at the time too.

And then there’s this about folic acid:

So hopefully its a win win for me with that one :grinning: Alternatively you could always double up on your fish and protein intake :wink:

3 Likes

@EmeraldEyes

I’ve had a blood test and it didn’t show I was low in folic acid. I asked the pharmacist and he said if the blood test was okay then not to waste money buying a supplement. I’m really interested in what works for people - but probably won’t take anything just yet, I’m still getting used to the new me!

Cheers

Nigel

1 Like

I don’t really know for certain if it was that, it could have just been coincidental that my fatigue abated and heavy legs stopped at that time, who knows.

3 Likes