Back on the bike

After my week hobbling around Oxfordshire i decided to get back on the exercise bike
Leg held up well less painful and notched up 3.8km and 138 calories burned.
So pretty happy the left leg lead the pedalling which was encouraging, keep walking and in time it comes good

10 Likes

Great job Mark. I did my 1st 10 mins on a recumbent bike at the gym last sunday…once i got my foot strapped in properly so it wouldnt fall off the pedal it was good.

I’ll go up 5 mins every week i think

3 Likes

Well Oxfordshire is certainly a beautiful place to get you moving. It does come good when you keep it up, well done you, never give up :man_biking: :partying_face:

1 Like

Great work Andy sounds a good plan.
I will try and get on the bike tomorrow and keep up the work.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Keep up the good work :clap:

Regards

1 Like

Will not stop till I’m happy with myself and my capabilities.

5 Likes

@mrfrederickson well done. Slowly but surely you’re progressing. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I am laughing to myself, knowing someone gifted me a very nice exercise bike (stationary) that is sitting in my garage where I cannot get to it. I don’t really want it in my house, but I will not use it in the garage. Think I need to have someone re-gift the lift chair to someone else in need and put the bike there so I can join you. Happy trails!

3 Likes

Thanks one and all always aiming for full mobility not there yet but doing the right things.

5 Likes

When I read the title ‘Back on the bike’ I though you were referring to the wheeled variety…While I got away pretty lightly from my strokes, all things considered, riding a bike is one thing I CANNOT do, as my balance is now simply not up to it…

2 Likes

Sadly no Stephen if only, I plan to one day but not until I’m significantly further down the line with my recovery

1 Like

Youve inspired me Mark, im now in the recumbent bike in the gym. Managed a whole 15 minutes last week which equated to a huge 3 kms!!! Its a start and i will continue to build it up each week

3 Likes

Excellent Andy I need another session soon but stamina is poor at present so good for you getting some Kim’s under your belt

2 Likes

Cheers Mark… my physio has told me not to getvtoo far ahead of myself and to build up slowly.

1 Like