A Christmas Pictures Challenge 2023

First I’d like to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

If you have a little time to spare over the next few days you might like to join in the Challenge offered here on this thread.

• Using the words ‘Christmas’ or ‘Winter Holiday’ as a theme and during the next ten days produce a MAXIMUM of SIX PICTURES.
  • Post them here on the Forum below in this thread with a short commentary in text.
  • Pictures will be images you have produced, as photographs or drawings for example.
  • Technical perfection is not essential.
  • The last date for entry will be 29th December.
  • This fun challenge is open to all
  • Give us something interesting to see and to read.
  • The reward will be the distinction of having posted on this thread.

Please Private Message me if you want more instruction, info, or would like to comment. Also please try to keep the area clear for contestants’ entries.

I’m looking forward to viewing what you have to share.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

5 Likes

Good morning. I’ll kick this off shall I? Not sure if this is what @Bobbi intended as there is no artistry involved but it’s cute and festive. I promise there was no animal cruelty involved. Dizzy is this years success story. Labelled unhandleable by the RSPCA now auditioning for one of Santa’s reindeer for Sunday night.
Merry Christmas :mx_claus:

5 Likes

Thanks for starting the ball rolling @JuliaH
:heart:
That is perfect.
I hope we end up with a mixed and interesting collection that is good to look through.
keep on keepin’ on
:snowflake: :partying_face: :+1:

1 Like

@JuliaH Dizzy looks adorable :blush:

Here’s a selection of Christmas pics from me.
Christmas tree & decs at home, a snowy scene from the lounge window & a couple from a winter trip to Scotland with a good friend.

5 Likes

@JuliaH @Mrs5K …love your pics.
OUTLANDER’S SNOW SCENES: Acrylic Paintings by Derek. All in my neighborhood.
A Happy/Merry Christmas. a belated Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish pals.
Love you and pray for you all.

9 Likes

@Outlander you are one very talented guy. I hope you sell your paintings so they can bring joy to others too. Love them.

Have a great christmas.

Ann x

4 Likes

Here’s my festive stick and a pint of good ale. What a combo :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Mrs5K Thanks Ann…glad you like my paintings. XXX

2 Likes

@Outlander I know you said that they were paintings but some of them look like photo’s. You have done a nice job, I like them all. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

@HHilary Thanks I’ve always been a realist painter. With my stroke hand, sadly, I can’t paint like this any more.

3 Likes

Our wonky tree on its own roots , used it for several years but it almost croaked us getting it in this year. So after twelfth night will be donated to a woodland project . To lock up carbon
Happy Yule to All Paul

8 Likes

Happy Christmas @Pds the tree looks great

1 Like

My late father had this tree for his first Christmas which was in 1923, so it’s 100 years old this year. Every year we dress it up which nicely hides all the splints and tape holding it together :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh wow, that probably wins the oldest tree award & what a lovely way to remember your father :christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Quirky Christmas traditions are great, we had a wee monkey, preplastic era that came out for seventy years before saying “ I’m off” :monkey: Heaven knows where. Now a cotton wool Robin must hang in there

4 Likes

Stroke bless christ mas everybody

3 Likes

@msporshakimberly

A merry Christmas and happy new year.

Not tomorrow’s dinner but a mass break out of our egg produces pooing on our patio. They will have special trees tomorrow

3 Likes

@Pds

What beautiful girls and in such good condition too. I reckon they must have a happy and fulfilling life.
You must be proud of them.
Please wish them a very merry Christmas and a happy new year from Bobbi and Hilary.

2 Likes

Chickens having special trees ? Do you really thing I set up Christmas trees for them !
Typo, should have read treats.

3 Likes