A Christmas Pictures Challenge 2023

It is nice when the artificial intelligence takes over and turns your comments into inane and garbled gobbledegook. It adds variety and distinction.
I have a picture of your hens arranging their eggs to dangle off the branches of conifer treats.
v. christmassy.
hens pooing off the branches of conifer treats could be problematic.

2 Likes

And there was me imagining that you provided them all with their own tree & a present under each one for them :gift::christmas_tree: predictive text can be a blessing & a curse :grin:

3 Likes

And happy Yule to all us pagans x

4 Likes

It’s the darkest time of the year, but people are brightening it up if they can. Our Church put on a Longest Day session via Zoom so that anyone who wanted to from our rural communities could join in and quite suddenly the bulbs have started coming up in the garden
IMG_1340

IMG_1351

3 Likes

Lea hard at work making Christmas lunch. Straining Brussels sprouts :slight_smile: in her Christmas jumper

My mother bought a large collection of decanters and glasses in the 70s and we have them out every Christmas - and rarely at other times

Sweet meats (Goes well with a sherry says Lea)

A shared season with all and any

3 Likes

I bet them chucky eggs taste delish @Pds
We had some given us the other day proper chuckies, the taste took us back to when we @Bobbi were kids (a million years ago). Not like the little chuckies we get from the milk man’s wagon. :egg: :egg: :egg: :egg:

I took a photo of the eggs, just so it reminds me more than you what they look like.

Here you go you can have a look too. And it is supposed to be a Christmas Picture Thread.
DO I WIN THE PRIZE @Bobbi ?
Can I have a food mixer to make some cake wiv please?

3 Likes

Oh @Mrs5K that pre-emptive text - its defo a curse :crazy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

@msporshakimberly I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will be having a super fabulous new year! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Lea, I envy you your kitchen tap. I wanted one for Christmas and all I got in my stocking was a finger exerciser and some wire brushes :frowning_face: I think Santa’s Elves must have got our letters mixed up in their mischief making :crazy_face:

1 Like

@JuliaH @Mrs5K @Outlander @Strings @Pds @msporshakimberly @Ismeval @FionaB1 @SimonInEdinburgh @EmeraldEyes

Thank you to all who took up the Picture Challenge this year.

I hope you had fun taking part.

A Happy New Year 2024 to all whether contestant or spectator.

You are all winners as far as I can judge.

:heart:

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

@HHilary

My only comment is to award Great Sympathy to that poor hen’s botty after laying what looks like an ostrich baby’s egg.

‘Gas and air, nurse, gas and air, now!!’

:heart: :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

Why thank you @Bobbi

Enjoyed taking part & also looking at everyones photos.

And i agree re the eggs…poor hen :rofl:

2 Likes

Not any old eggs but laid by our four girls . On egg flavour. Remember vividly the taste of eggs as a nipper, think battery eggs started in mid sixties, up till then all commercial eggs were free range grass grazing. On keeping our own , grass not practical so they have to be content with any greenery we give them . Access to the lawn is allowed at times but they seem to be escaping more and having a good time.

3 Likes

We don’t have any hens ourself but we do get given some eggs from the hens from one of hubby’s customers and they taste much nicer than shop bought.

1 Like