Weird emojis & cognitive therapy (?!)

In another thread / topic the question of emojis got introduced over the slightly tone lowering suggestion of using the poop emoji

:poop:

If you don’t already know you can access the library of emojis that are in the platform by typing a colon and if you don’t see one that you want to use then type in a emoji name. There are appear to be thousands .

I think it would be fun if you looked through and picked those that particularly appeal to you for example

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

And you might even see if you can construct sentences or other ditties how about a poem?

Here’ a song You should recognise…
:musical_score: :musical_note: :hippopotamus: :bird: two :sheep: :birthday:

Time to unleash creativity . I’m justifying Frippery as cognitive therapy

4 Likes

In my day, I used ASCII art to generate emoticons, here’s an example …

O>
         <|
          /\            ~

It’s a bird chasing a worm.

3 Likes

In that case

*<:{)}~.
Santa

I could do lots more we used to try and invent them on night shifts and then print them out on a 2000 line a minute printer.
We also had pictures that could use whole boxes of paper from the stars and stripes and the Saturn V, nudes etc

Nostalgia!

@Mahoney
It’s hippo birdie two ewe

5 Likes

The can also be accessed in the reply box here:

1 Like

:+1:
as you know i use my phone a lot so i can also use emojis from several different keyboards as well as discourse emojis :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As an off topic aside, my partner has learnt a word to rationalise my post stroke condition pertaining to my morning routine … a hurkle-durkle. I had not heard of this word before but it sounds quite suitable to me and I am fine with it.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you! I had no idea…as usual. I am too scattered to remember to google things I don’t know…get sidetracked and find other things…generally an ad for shopping for things I have no need of…that new impulsivity at work in my mind, that I must keep a handle on!

3 Likes

Oh, now that is an activity that needs exploring.
There is room in this world for much of the hurkle-durkle variety.

:+1: :sleeping_bed: :+1:

Keep on keepin’ on

3 Likes