Weight loss

Whilst the largest polar bear by weight ever recorded was in Alaska on average polar bears in Svalbard are 5-10% larger by both dimensions and body weight actually so…

but yes you do have them in some vague areas that used to belong to Russia but hey ho.

and we don’t have natives in the UK :sweat: :sweat:

:polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear:

Newfoundland is much nearer to me, although it is Canada, but all Americans really want to be Canadiens. They just won’t let us in unless we are sufficiently wealthy or young enough to work for many years and have already been hired by a Canadian employer.

1 Like

@DeAnn Too cold up there DeAnn.

2 Likes

Seems I remember you are also in the states. New Jersey is it? I am in Indiana. We both get our share of the cold. I do better with cold than with heat, but doesn’t matter so much to me anymore, since I rarely get out. I do like my swimming water just a tad warmer though. Like Lake Michigan warm, Not like Naples, Florida bathwater.

1 Like

@DeAnn we have beautiful beaches on the Jersey Coast. I used to love body surfing and walking the boardwalk. I visited Indianapolis years ago. very cool city.
I like States that have a change of seasons. Hey…you continue your progress. hugs and well wishes.

1 Like

I hope you will visit here again. And when you do, I hope you will look me up.

I will be close enough to you in May, I imagine. Heading to DC with retired Navy reunion. Closest I have been before was Virginia Beach, also with the Navy reunion. I like having seasons as well. This year has been great. Each season has lasted about the right amount of time.

1 Like

It’s time for me to get a big stuffed polar bear to sleep with. :zzz:

3 Likes

Why can’t there be an exchange centre? Recycle your excess weight and pass it along to someone in need?

True charity and extremely environmentally friendly.

. . . and while we are at it I’ll take a dollop of that global warming stuff, there is so much around, I’d be able to use some right now.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Now there’s an idea @Bobbi i’m happy to take a couple of lbs from someone if they have it to spare :grin:

3 Likes

Have you tried an icepack over your eyes, 15mins on, 15mins off for an hour to see if that might help? Of course you may already tried it initially anyway, but if not it’s worth a try, if only to give some light relief from it :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Emerald,
I’ll try that & see what happens
or not see since my eyelids will be shut

thanks for thinking about my eyelid,
Roland

2 Likes

Actually @pando

How is that going R? are those techniques you told me about still helping?

@Outlander how are you doing? hope your weight has stabilised? are you getting on with your extra things? I admire your recovery efforts and am glad you are progressing!

I have one I can send you - not huge bt about 40cm by 25cm high?

K :wink: :polar_bear:

3 Likes

Thank you, but he is happy with his owner just where he is… Just make sure he is warm at night, okay?

2 Likes

@KGB I have not put myself on the scale for a while. I am enjoying my new (smaller) Amazon clothes orders. Good thing…my appetite is so much better. trying to stay healthy and gain weight at the same time is tough. I love my desserts.
I miss seeing the PBs at central park Zoo NYC… They closed the exhibit in 2015. Sad.

3 Likes

Did they / he /she look happy? Or at least content? That’s the most important thing to me.

oh and do you know where they went or did they pass away? :sweat:

I could look it up but screen time…

poor little polar bears

K :wink: :polar_bear:

3 Likes

@KGB Beloved “Gus”: passed away and that is when they closed down. Ida was the female. They were terrific swimmers, I remember seeing them thru the glass. Huge but so fluid in motion.
They have since opened a Grizzly Bear exhibit.
I don’t think any animals are very happy in a Zoo.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: :polar_bear:

I know I know :slightly_frowning_face: :disappointed_relieved:

poor little polar bears

I’m going end November and have spoken to Jimmy of course

2 Likes

Hi Kieran,

average to Iffy today.
I have just trimmed beard
now waiting for physio
then have appointment at eye hospital
then I teach 1 lesson today
It’s busy

How about you ? Any improvements? Any news?

Ciao, ciao, Roland

3 Likes