Walking in park

THis week ive been having a small walk in the local park, started off with 1000 steps, now today done 2500 steps , got wife to park car nr to entrance then after walk we can drive back home , hopefully each day will get easier .

11 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face::partying_face: on your achievement thats a hig increase in a short space of time. Bet it felt good to be out in the fresh air.

2 Likes

FElt great both to be out and to get some steps under my belt , much better than just walking the living room like i usually do

3 Likes

It’s a different walking experience outside to the living room & fresh air makes you feel better in my opinion.

Sounds like you’ll be back to normal step levels in no time.

2 Likes

i hope and pray everyday that is the case

3 Likes

That’s a great achievement, well done :clap: and thank you for sharing. Always great to read about everyone’s achievements.

Keep up the good work

Regards Sue

2 Likes

Well done,

I’m behind you, but I managed 750 metres on Sunday (previously 600 metres the week before). That’s about 1000 steps, since each step is 0.75 m, or probably less in my case. My next goal is to reach 1 km on a good day then 1 mile, who knows when and if. Good luck with your progress

ciao, Roland

4 Likes

@daveymitch That is wonderful…keep going and there is nothing like the great outdoors.
Well guess what? I’m looking out the window at 8 to 9 inches of snow…so off to the boring treadmill. :expressionless:
Blessings, Derek

4 Likes

That’s cause for celebration :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
Sorry, but I love celebrating these achievements, particularly these where you are finally getting out and about. It may wear you out afterwards but it does get better and you gradually go for longer. So well done you and keep up the good work :partying_face: :smile:

1 Like

Well wading through the snow is also good exercise…and you have a soft landing if you fall :rofl: … but seriously, lets not go there, stick to the treadmill :wink: :smile:

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes Lots of lovely snow scenes to paint. :smiley:

1 Like

My wife Lea & I have been going to Costco and IKEA because there are long long walks undercover from the rain on a flat surface,

if you get the free membership card in IKEA you can get free coffee!!

We had two breakfast rolls and coffee this morning for three quid in total and I did 3,500 steps - 1.4miles!

(and got a new mirror for the bathroom - But we don’t normally buy stuff but we do have a good laugh as this recent visits clip shows

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Well done. Hoping I’ll be doing the same soon. It’s a long haul isn’t it.

2 Likes

Derek, hi,

Did you experiment with a week off to see how the good old muscles react?
I walked another 1000 steps ( 0.75km ) this morning, It was 4 degrees, not cold at all once the walking starts. I’m planning my next effort on Sunday, trying to break the 1 km barrier ( 1333 steps ). That a lot of steps to count… perhaps I’ll lose count !

ciao, Roland

3 Likes

Hi Roland: I’ll know by this Saturday. Having a bad day today. Walking poorly and arm/hand, so stiff I can hardly type. Super spasms in bed this morning. It almost makes me think, what the heck, maybe I’ll start drinking my beloved scotch again.
:grin:
I’m so glad you are walking so well. That’s great. Good to hear of your progress keep it up Laddie.
Blessings, Derek

4 Likes

Well done, that’s Great progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning is the stiffest part of the day, for me too. I have not tried scotch, but a glass of red is excellent for relaxing my mind… the antioxidants are great, and it leads to efficient mitochondria energy production
good luck & persevere, ciao , Roland

1 Like

Thanks, Simon

I’ll be able to roam Ikea soon, then I can come & look you up in Edinburgh!

ciao, Roland

2 Likes

Since your can do 1000 steps You should be able to get from the car park to the cafe so go for a free coffee (Just download the IKEA family app and create an account then you can get coffee for free)
Then go for a coffee after a 5-minute wander
Then go for a coffee after a 15-minute wander - then come visit :slight_smile:

Onwards and upwards
Ciao

2 Likes

Then go for a lie down on one Ikeas display beds - then go visit Simon :rofl:

2 Likes