Two years ago today

…Mark mk2 happened so I thought I’d go for a walk on my ‘rest’ day to celebrate still being here.

I donned my shorts, sprayed on some sunscreen and put in my new hearing aids. I went along a local trail accompanied by the lovely new soundtrack of birds and gravel crunching under foot (just the gravel crunching, the birds were in the trees twittering!). So I set off a a gentle(ish) pace into this green and pleasant land

17 Likes

It’s beautiful landscape :heart_eyes: It’s a bit like where I live on the outskirts of Bolton, so I have the Pennines to trek all over :smile:

3 Likes

Hi, Mark what a beautiful way to spend your ‘Rest’ day. Thank you for sharing.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

@Ingo66 what a great way to spend the “anniversary” of Mark mk2. It looks a lovely place for a stroll…& i’m glad it was only the gravel crunching under foot :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Fantastic @Ingo66 - a great way of celebrating your stroke a versary!!!.

2 Likes

@Ingo66
Thanks for sharing. It is so nice to see the great outdoors. I know my time will come but in the meantime I am highly envious.

Good for you !! That fresh air and sky for a ceiling is good for you too, you lucky thing.

Keep on keepin’ on
:footprints: :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Got the fire brigade coming around on Tuesday to fit a new smoke alarm device for the hard of hearing. It’s been one of my concerns that I would hear the smoke alarm if it went off at night. They were giving a talk at my aphasia group and they asked if anyone was hard of hearing…so that’s how it came about. Apparently you can have one that vibrates under your pillow, or some sort of strobe lighting effect. I going for the vibrating one as flashing lights won’t wake me once I’m out. Something for you to bear in mind. :smile:

(And anyone who has their mind latched on to the “vibrating” part can keep quiet…I think I’ve just about heard them all now :laughing: :blush:)

2 Likes

@EmeraldEyes now that is a good idea. How did you arrange for it to be fitted? Did you contact fire brigade direct? My hubby is hard of hearing & can’t hear the alarms going off despite when one goes all of them do. We have about 10 i think :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Just phone up your local fire brigade and ask them.
Because they were already giving us a talk in the aphasia group and were from the central fire station, they took our details there and then to arrange the brigades local to each individual and a time that suits. So just phone your local about smoke detectors for the hard of hearing. They’re free and they will come out and fit it for you, they’re very good that way.

My mother-in-law had them out and fit alarms, unfortunately after her hubby caused a fire in the garage, brand new car burnt out :confounded: He had Alzheimer’s and has sadly died since then.

2 Likes

Well, the local fire brigade came yesterday and fitted a new interlinked fire alarm - FireAngel Wi-Safe2 - for the hard of hearing. And I must say, if that doesn’t wake me up for a fire nothing will :laughing:
The round white disk (3¾in in diameter 9.5cm) is what goes under your pillow and vibrates…I think I’ll notice that :smirk: The rectangular box provides strobe lighting with the alarm sits beside the bed but can be wall mounted (has to plug into an electrical wall socket). And then you have the round smoke detector, fitted to the hallway ceiling and first floor landing.
And both are fitted right next to the old ones which my hubby will have to fetch down, otherwise you’ll hear all 5 of them going off up in John o’ Groats whenever my son is cooking :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks @EmeraldEyes i shall look into it.

At least you’ll know when your son is cooking tea & you might need a takeaway :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Fortunately, we have all the doors and windows open anyway, the weather being the way it is, but his chicken stir fry is always worth it :yum: :grin:

1 Like