Ticktock - stroke.dad

Hello all , I had my stroke just before Christmas and like a lot of you I do not fit the usual stroke profile , so I have been trying to raise awareness. If you or any family members have ticktock then please have a look at ( stroke.dad )
Its a bit of fun , but I am getting lots of feedback from people in a similar situation and how they are coping.

5 Likes

Hi @strokedad & welcome to the forum. Good on you trying to raise awareness.

Best wishes

Ann

4 Likes

Thank you Ann , social media is certainly not easy , but my kids are helping me , so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Hi @strokedad welcome to the forum. Likewise I had my stroke just before Christmas too. I’ll get one of the daughters to check it out.

Steve

3 Likes

Have a look Steevo , hope you found out why you had and all good again now ?

3 Likes

@strokedad i had high blood pressure anyway but been diagnosed type 2 diabetic so getting that sorted out. Have a follow up Thursday at stroke clinic. I feel blessed as I have no impairment.

Steve

2 Likes

@strokedad great videos have followed you and will repost videos if i can

2 Likes

Hi @strokedad

Welcome to the forum and sorry you’ve had reason to join us .

I’m not a tick tock user; is your video elsewhere?

You don’t say how you are unusual? Have you seen our fast survey?
It may turn out that you’re very usual and the PR that is put out there is rather warped (I guess your video explains?)

How is your new life journey progressing? What deficits are you currently battling?

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Hi @strokedad welcome to the forum :smile: Chewbacca certainly certainly got my hubby and son’s attention, but they are now well aware of strokes anyway :laughing: That’s assuming I watched the correct tiktoks :thinking: I had my stroke Christmas day 3yrs ago, but I’m back driving, do a lot of fitness, eat healthy, take my meds and that’s as much as any of us can do. Strokes can also be genetic, for me there was no chance of avoiding them. I’m type2 diabetic and have high blood pressure, although they’re were regulated with medication. So for some, I think, it’s inevitable :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Anyway, glad but naturally sorry you’ve found the forum, hope to see more of you around here. Take care :smile:

2 Likes

I’m the same , no impairment , its weird but I kind of feel guilty when I look at others and the serious disabilities they have.

2 Likes

I am glad you found Chewbacca … lol … I have not lost my sense of humor , and like all of us who have experienced this , I’m simply trying to spread the word of what signs to look out for , its amazing how many of us had signs , but carried on anyway.

2 Likes

Thanks Chris , very much appreciated , the joys of chinese algorithms and trying to get 200 views … lol

2 Likes

Afternoon Simon , I thought maybe unusual because I don’t fit the stroke profile , so … age , weight ( bmi ) , blood pressure , cholesterol , all normal , not diabetic , never smoked in my life and not a heavy drinker , clear angiogram … All the things the doctors asked me about i’m boring normal.

3 Likes

Me too - I thought I had a minor stroke but apparently it was a major stroke. I cannot say I was ‘lucky’ as such but it definitely could have been a lot worse after reading what other sufferers are going through. Saying that, it’s sometimes hard when folk ‘forget’ you’re dealing with all the invisible problems following a stroke. :cry:

4 Likes