Thank you

Hi everyone,

It’s been a little while since I have posted. I am now 15 months post stroke, and, looking through the messages from the “early days” has reminded me of the importance of this forum and the lovely people here.
Like everyone here I’ve had some dark days when I’ve looked for some support, which people with lived experience have offered
We are all survivors here which is surely better than the alternative?
The most important thing for me is to be the best I can be today not yesterday!
Keep surviving everybody and keep looking after each other
Phil x

12 Likes

@Mullini your message is great. Being the best you can be now is what we all need to be. We can’t change what is done but we can influence how we move forward.

Hope your journey is going well.

Best wishes.

Ann

2 Likes

Glad you’ve improved and that you’ve found a source of support here

The below touched a chord with me

As you said this group here helps the thriving

3 Likes

That’s a great post. Glad to hear you are doing well and the forum has been helpful during your recovery.

We all need a shoulder to cry on at times and there’s no where better to come than a group of people who truly understand what you are going through.

Keep on listening everyone and looking out for each other.

Regards Sue

1 Like

feeling low today as i went to street walked a bit there it was have been a mile, may be pedimeter wrong, i was told a group wasnt on, but wasnt, so had to hang around for bus at 1230. then went jhome went to wells with hubby, ended up doing 2 and a half miles, then today, i did work a but felt dizzy so sat down , i knocked over a basket of dress cubes had to pick up, lady wasnt very happy. think its to soon to go back. its been just been over a year since stroke and not four months since knee and ankle sprain. doc says i have thin bones and non alcaholic gout. to do with bptabs

1 Like

Sorry you’re feeling low @tricia3 sounds like you’ve been doing loads so huess it’s caught up with you.

We all knock things over sometimes so try not to beat yourself up over it. I knocked an easter egg display over in Aldi once - pre stroke so can’t blame that :slightly_smiling_face:

Try & rest up this weekend. Hope you feel brighter soon.

1 Like

thanks, got to have blood test on the 31 of july, dont know why i got dizzy the manager is nice in shop think that volonteer did the job i did. it s nice to get among people. dont know how long it going to take. i walk better, only been just over ayear

1 Like

I hope it gets easier for you

Gout from BP meds sounds interesting. I’ve been plagued by gout or psudogout in big toes, elbows too perhaps

1 Like

@SimonInEdinburgh my hubby got gout a few years ago which the dr said could be caused by his BP meds. They stopped the water tablet he was taking & it was a long long time before he got gout again & it’s never as bad either.

1 Like

i look things up, it also says lack of calsium and magnisium have to wait til after blood test

1 Like