Thank you

I just wanted to let you know that sadly my mam passed away last Saturday at the grand old age of 91 and to say thank you to anyone i spoke to on here for your advice, help or just a listening ear. The stroke in January took something from my mam’s brain, left her confused and very frustrated. She was then admitted to hospital for a few days with clots on her lungs in February and then she caught covid in March. I think it has all been too much. I am very privileged that i have been able to care for mam at home for the last 3 weeks and my husband and i were with her when she passed. We’ve had support from the district nurses and care from an amazing set of carers who have been so kind. Its been the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but I’d do it all over again.

7 Likes

@TraceyD so sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. Sending you my heartfelt condolences.

I’m glad you managed to have that precious time with her at the end. I am sure it means a lot to you & it would have meant everything to your mum too.

Sending you love & hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::heart::heart:

@TraceyD so sorry for your loss

Hi Tracey, so sorry for your loss. Those last weeks of caring for your mum are priceless and will remain a treasured memory in your heart forever. I’m sure that was a great comfort to her as well.

So glad that this forum was helpful to you too.

Sending my condolences and best wishes to you and your family.

Regards Sue