Teppanyaki Master Rupert-san

I’ve been a bit envious of @Bobbi’s ninja skills for quite some time now, so I opened up a Christmas gift I was bought last year, and decided it was high time to put it into use and become a Teppanyaki master. Since Spring is loitering somewhere around the corner, the idea of having a mess free BBQ has been rather appealing. I prepared simple ingredients, some bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and trout. Then the fun began. I turned on the shichirin (Japanese name for this kind of grill), cracked open a beer, put some music on, and cooked a simple but healthy meal. I did , however, melt the tips of my only chopsticks as I thought I would use them to turn the veggies. I thought they were wood but it turns out they are plastic. I have now ordered some proper Teppanyaki utensils so I can feel like a true Teppanyaki master. Below is a picture of my creation, placed on a crispy salad, surrounded by coriander and drizzled with Japanese soy sauce.

4 Likes

共有していただきありがとうございます
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry Simon, but had I boxed it up and sent some to you, it would arrive all manky and cold. :thinking:

3 Likes

Ai’r meddwl sy’n cyfrif

1 Like

@Rups

That does look rather delish. When can we come around to sample?

Undoubtedly you are a true master…

:bowl_with_spoon: :smile: :chopsticks:

proper Teppanyaki utensils

a very worthwhile investment

long may they bring pleasure to you and your guests

2 Likes

Drop round anytime, but first you must learn how to harness the universal energy of Ki, I hope to one day be able to show off like the chap below …

200w

2 Likes

That looks very tasty :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

Okay, show off! I don’t know what the Scottish? you are speaking means! Sneaky!

1 Like

That looks sooooo amazing! My mouth is watering, and my tummy growling! I am envious, but also so happy to see you enjoying this!

3 Likes

Nay, it’s not Scots Simon is uttering, it’s Welsh. Cymraeg.

2 Likes

Cwmraeg am byth !!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s Welsh :slight_smile:
I’ve no idea either but Google told me it is “it is the thought that counts”

Previous bit of Japanese Google tells me is “thank you for sharing”

1 Like

and what are you saying? or is it appropriate to tell me? LOL. JK

1 Like