Tablets causing itching and sores

Been bp tablets lotsratab 50 mgs if this and amlodipne 10’ngs for while now add atorvasiatin 40mg and clopidorel 10 mgs having bad itches causting bad itching is this normal for my arms to look like this. Damn 20 mins to write this ![IMG_6814|375x500](upload://vbntLTxSNNY2EhJPftROF4oVxIu

.jpeg)

1 Like

Sorry my speech understanding on what to do seems to be fading fast. Good luck all on your journey on small sctrokres and big ones much love every bloody survivor one way are doing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That could be an allergic reaction to whatever is the newest medication. Go to your chemist if you can and speak to them first in the morning, they know their medications better than any doctor.

Another possibility, have you been out in the sun today, that could also be the cause. Sun can do that to me at times.

Or have you eaten/drunk anything different from the usual or been in skin contact with anything new to you such as new plants or lotions, perfume, sun screen, or whatever?

3 Likes

Don’t think so but defo need to speak to somebody as they getting worse to can’t seem to fine new words. Thank you x

1 Like

Oh god really. Is there an
Alternative for this?

2 Likes

If you any allergy tablets in the house such as Piriteze or Benadryl that might stop the itching in the meantime for getting some sleep. But check the instructions first to see they don’t clash with any of the medications you are on. Or even Anthisan cream to relieve the itching. Failing all that, try an icepack on them, that can work too for a time.

3 Likes

@jacquiwalters that looks very itchy. As others have said get some advice from pharmacy or GP. Hoping it’s eased for you today. May be worth trying some antihistamines in case it’s an allergic reaction. xx

3 Likes

Spoke to pharmacist this morning who has advised me to stop the statins for a week and see if things improve if not to go back to gp to try alternative. I said to him about taking piriton but he didn’t think that was great idea long term so will try this and see what happens xx

1 Like

Fingers crossed that’ll work for you. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Either way you are going to have to see your gp so you might as well make that appointment now as that could take a couple weeks.

2 Likes

Just tried as good shout but nothing so told me to call back tomo at 8 so I’ll try again then thank you

1 Like

I had to come of statins for this reason, i tried x2 different ones and now have to control with nutritionally

1 Like

@Jackie-Ann just stopping by to say hi & welcome you to the group.

Hope to hear more from you.

Best wishes

Ann x

Hi @Jackie-Ann
Welcome to the best club in town for our needs