Symptoms of fatigue

Hi, me again. lol.
Can people describe their Fatigue Symptoms please.
I’d like to compare with my symptoms to see if I suffer from it.
Thanks all.

2 Likes

Sometimes my legs feel like lumps of lead. I have to rest or lie down for a while and then I can move around a bit more comfortably.

3 Likes

I get tired walking up the stairs one flight.

I can only play one leg of darts without getting tired.

I like to have a sit down after my shower to get my energy back.

I walk slowly and carefully a 1/3 of the speed I used to.

When I don’t do that and try and do too much I have a ‘sofa day’ more than usual and I just have to have a dextrose energy tab and rely on my housemate to do virtually everything for me.

I don’t like to hang out washing as that gets me tired.

BUT - I can do lots of things in small doses. I can cook - slowly. I can walk to the local pub for 1 pint. slowly with JP.

I also have lost 45% of my visual field to the right but that’s another story and it affects me in differnet ways. I was just discussing with other members the need to have something to lean on / sit on/ support you etc.

I use a 145cm long RNIB guide cane and it has some suspension and I alwasy have it with me when I go out so I can rest on it.

Sounds silly but have you considered maybe a nice ‘stick’ walking tick or something just to carry around and use to lean on if you feel a but tired?

I think fatigue manegment is very important and I try my best…

Listen to your own body. I think you are realising that you can listen to it and chill when you need to. I unfortunately have a but of hypertension(ADHD) at the mo and am not good at resting but I do try… Naps are good!!

Take care.

Kieran

:polar_bear: :wink:

Polar Bear Cub Sleeping Images – Browse 3,510 Stock Photos, Vectors, and  Video | Adobe Stock

4 Likes

Your best bet maybe to search the forum for fatigue using the magnifying glass above .

Then for the sorts of phrases that you see repeatedly (or rarely!!) used search specifically for them to get more nuanced descriptions.

Generally “tired” doesn’t cut it as a explanation of fatigue - maybe “My head isn’t working in a way that allows me to get anything done” is better but that still doesn’t cover all the different expressions people have used: foggy, slow, reduced battery that is running out ultra quickly, lack of motivation, difficult translating intent to action, I just need a sofa day, so you think I’m confusion, vertigo,…

Caio
Sinon

2 Likes

My fatigue can come in many forms & usually means I have to just sit & do nothing. I get a woozy head, yawn a lot, have no energy, brain fog, dizziness, nausea, weepy, trip up more, sleep loads. I might get them all or just one or some. It can last a couple of hours or up to 10 days for me.

Hope that helps.

Ann x

4 Likes

Thank you. By the sounds of It I’ve been lucky compared to most. I’ve just put in 4 fence posts and fencing over the last few days (with rests in between)
My fatigue symptoms seem to be a faint feeling shaky and a change in ringing intensity in my head. And my balance is shot to pieces.
Take care.

3 Likes

Wow. a lot to cope with.
Take care.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I’m fishing to see if others have my symptoms so I can compare.
Take care.

2 Likes

I forgot my tinnitus increases with my fatigue too. My balance is always off but definitely worse with fatigue. Your symptoms do sound like they could be fatigue xx

3 Likes

Hi, the tinnitus is a worry when it increases I’m worried as that was a symptom when i had my stroke. I now go to bed with white noise playing in my earphones. drowns ringing out a treat.
I’ve always slept well, as the nurses in the hospital will testify. Lol.
One actually wrote on my board Do not wake till 10!
Take care.

2 Likes

I can understand why you’d worry. It’s difficult not to when you associate it with your stroke. I use an app to play nice sounds wgen it’s at its worst.

I love that the nurse wrote not to wake you before 10 on your board. That made me chuckle​:grin: must be a rarity in hospital to sleep in :blush: xx

3 Likes

lol. they woke me at 6am every day to do blood pressure.
If I knew I wouldn’t have another stroke I’d happily take anything fatigue could throw at me.
Take care.

2 Likes

I’ve had tinnitus most my life and the volume always increase when tired, stressed or ill…you have been warned :wink: It’s also good for raising alarms too

3 Likes

Aah it’s like a sick headache all over. I have to lie down for an hour or half a day or all day.
Stress makes it worse. It’s like I’ve been poisoned and all my strength drains away and I have to sit down…that’s when it’s bad!

3 Likes

Having a bad day and at the moment I’m lying on my sofa - normally sit - with recurring bang headaches for about 30s to 1 min in about 4 different places. I know it’s stress but so?!

It’s stress because of brain fog

Sorry just stressed :rofl: :rofl:

Already taken all painkillers I can and trying to chill and hopefully get 6 hours or so in a few.

Hope everyone else is ok. as you all can be and not having a bad evening like me…

Stay cool all

Kieran

polar bear with a headache Stock Photo - Alamy

yep

2 Likes

Hope you have some relief now some hours later and that your day today progresses more smoothly

‘Hugs’
Caio

Oh thanks. It’s definately stress realated. My ex husband is visiting atm and is complaining that I don’t try hard enough to look after this house. He has O c d and doesn’t understand my stroke at all. He thinks I make it up together with my blue card in the car. He said they are for people who really need them.

2 Likes

They have no idea. You may look ok but they don’t know what’s going on in your head.
Take care.

2 Likes

@Rosamund

He sounds like a complete ******! Sorry I don’t know him or your situation but that sounds awful for you.

I can’t say anything as I don’t know but are you able to just not see him if you don’t feel it’s doing you any good?

My stress has just shot up because I’m waiting for a collection for some charity stuff and now they are running late and it might clash with mt OT!! but that’s just me and I’m breathing!!

Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

Will be thinking of you today.

Kieran xx

Think of polar bears - they’re cool!!!

Polar Bears Near 'Bear Capital' in Canada Are Dying at Fast Rate – NBC Bay  Area

1 Like

Hi all , yep the Fatigue is my lasting effect after the “S”. For me its as if a big soft cloud descends onto and encompass’s the brain, making it difficult to think or certainly do anything.Thankfully I have a very nice “Day Bed” in the lounge and a few minutes on there will normally blow the cloud away. These daily foggy periods unfortunately add to my stress level but others experience on this Forum helps to convince me that it’s a normal reaction and something that I have to/need to accept for my changed life.
Off to Minorca for a couple of weeks hopefully spent around the pool and reading, normally about 5 crime novels during the 2 weeks.

5 Likes