Splish splash, news from the pool

A little while ago I announced that after about 3 months of attending a weekly wellness swimming session I had finally managed to swim one whole width of the pool under my own steam. I’m still doing widths because I get sudden leg cramps so I stay just within my depth. By last week I was feeling good because I had gradually built it up to 15 widths in a session, well this morning I can proudly report that I smashed it and swam 30 full widths. I’m quite pleased with that :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Great news @Strings and well done on a fantastic achievement :clap:

3 Likes

Wow!!
Now you sound like a torpedo or something :slight_smile:

Congrats :clap::tada:

3 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh torpedo suggests sleek, fast, and smooth, not words I’d use to describe my swimming style, but I can get across the pool without sinking. :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s a massive achievement :clap: :clap: Well done you.

Regards Sue

4 Likes

@Strings go you. That’s fantastic. You’ll be doing lengths before you know it :clap::clap::clap::clap::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

:partying_face::clap::clap::clap::partying_face::partying_face: Congratulations :partying_face:
It’ll be lengths next…but that is not a dare :sweat_smile: You’ll know when you’re ready for that…and this is not a race :slightly_smiling_face:
Well done, keep the progressions coming, we love the celebrations :partying_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations Strings! :clap::clap::muscle:t4: That’s an amazing achievement! :blush: X

3 Likes

I am sooo happy for you! This is exciting news!

I found swimming or exercising in the pool to be the best stimulation for getting movement back both in the extremities and my core. I would recommend it to anyone with access to a pool, even if they don’t swim. Just walking around in it, moving your body in ways you haven’t been able to with weight or fear of falling.

I don’t know if I could have or how I could have regained so much use of left arm and leg, nor get my strength up nearly as quickly or as well.

Keep up the great work and enjoy it for me. Still trying to figure out how to get a pass to the indoor pool and a ride to it.

3 Likes

Get some one to put a card up in reception, or ask them to talk to regulars “would you give a lift too…”
?

3 Likes