Sensation

Dear Forum Members,
Thanks with the suggestions about no rheum in my right eye,

If I may be so bold I’d like to add a further question.

My stroke was 5 months ago, and I’m still unable to feel someone tap my shoulder stroke-side
I can move my hand & fingers in all positions ( thanks to a Chinese Dr. who worked closely with me )
… but I can’t feel my fingers rubbing up against each other, & I can’t feel if they are touching anything
nor can I feel pressure anywhere else (stroke-side). I can feel temperature change easily (though it feels like pain) and I can feel a bit of surface texture on my skin (a comb running across the back or front of my hand). I also have a complete lack of awareness (proprioception) on my stroke-side.

I will be devasted to live like this for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any advice or ways to stimulate my pressure sensors? Thx in advance, Roland

Thank you, ingo66. How long ago all together was your stroke ?
It certainly is hard without feeling touch.
To make matters worse, I am (was) a professional violinist
and that has probably all gone out the window.
I am deeply disturbed at not being able to feel.

All the best, Roland

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Only 4 months before mine
I can and do a bit of teaching
but I wish I could demonstrate

cheers, Roland

how careless of me… you’re right, my mistake !!

1 Like

Hi Roland. I’m in the same position as you. My left side has very little feeling including my arm and leg. My fingers are very stiff and I cannot hold a fork to eat. As you I have good strength in my arm but I haven’t got much control over it or with my hand. My fingers drive me mad as they just don’t do what I want them to. I try to use my hand as normal but things do just fall out of it with no warning. I certainly wouldnt want to hold a hot coffee in that hand- or a glass of wine! I am 4 months post stroke and honestly thought I would be in a better position by now than I am.

Hi Apple,
I had my stroke in Oct so yours must have been in Nov
It took an insane amount of concentration to relearn all movement
but I did did it with the help of my Chinese Dr.
then I got set backs from injuries trying to build strength
finally as of last week I have my stroke arm going for it again
good luck with your progress, mine is also slow, ciao, Roland
ps. also no wine for me in that hand