Say no to plateau

My physio was pleased with me today… on every level.
True… I’m having a good day
But my quad / glutes now push / pull instead of pull / pull, working against each other
I am grateful for all the days I battled on, thinking I was getting nowhere
I had / have big problems to work through, but when some progress is made, we know the work was worthwhile. I feel it’s about time I had a breakthrough
I’m so happy something has changed… progress all the way now

9 Likes

@pando it’s great to hear you’re making progress. Here’s to even more.

4 Likes

Pando that is fantastic news :clap::partying_face: I’m so happy for you :smile:
Persistence pays off, keep it going, don’t ever give up. Those break throughs are always so euphoric :smile:

3 Likes

That’s great stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to celebrate you and your success. Here’s to many more to come!

4 Likes

@pando

Onward to greater heights!

Keep on keepin’ on
:leg: :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve always regarded the pauses in progress as the ’ girding my loins’ preparation for the next stage of progress. The start of what I can work on now that I’ve got built the capability this is a prerequisite,

Not plateaus but launch pads
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Brilliant news :clap: :grinning: Well done. It’s so important to celebrate the good days.

May the progress continue. Keep on keeping on.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

it’s just a point of view - a state of mind…
if we can trick the brain to see it that way,
then we could train ourselves to see the positive side

let’s hope

4 Likes

I see these pauses in recovery never as plateaus, but as the intermediate landings on our stairway out of recovery. We’ve recovered another aspect of our self and need to take time to make use of that aspect repeatedly in order to solidify it to memory before moving on to the next…if that makes any sense to you :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes makes much sense
Plus while we think we might be stuck on a plateau,
in reality much repair is going on in the background

3 Likes

That’s it exactly Pando. There’ve been a few times over the past 2+yrs where I’ve thought my brain was done with it’s repair work and this is to be what I’m left with. I just as I’d come to accept my lot, my body would surprise me with a new bit of recovery. This would always spur me on and its why I always say never give up! :smile:

3 Likes

Recovery after stroke can continue as long you keep on trying.

Great to hear your story.

Wishing you all the best.

Kind regards

Kusal, Stroke OT

3 Likes