Reminder: From Glimmers of Hope to Psychological Growth - A research study exploring the experiences of hope in working age stroke survivors

Research participation requests are sent to the Stroke Association from external research institutions (e.g. universities and hospitals).

We conduct checks on these before promoting but are not involved in their running. This means we cannot comment on trials and have no affiliation with them.

Charlotte Fisher, Masters Student in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology at the University of East London

If you are a stroke survivor, between the ages of 30 and 55 years meeting the criteria listed below, and you are interested in sharing your story, I would love to hear from you. Please email Charlotte Fisher at u2203182@uel.ac.uk

Hi, my name is Charlotte Fisher. I am student at the University of East London studying for a MSc in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology. I am also a stroke survivor.

I’m really interested in how some stroke survivors positively find new meaning in life after stroke and flourish in new and different ways following their trauma. I am particularly interested in the role that hope plays at different stages of the post stroke journey.

I’m looking to recruit between 8-12 individuals to take part in my study, which primarily involves an on-line interview lasting around 90 minutes.

To be eligible take part you will have suffered an ischaemic or haemorrhagic stroke in the last 5 years (since January 2018). You will also identify as having experienced some level of psychological growth since your stroke in one or more of the following areas: personal strength, relating to others, new opportunities, appreciation of life, and spiritual or existential growth.

If this sounds like you, and you would like further information please contact me at my university email address: u2203182@uel.ac.uk