Redox Signalling

Hello wonderful people,

I wonder how many know about Redox Signalling? I’m aware that my long list of supplements is slightly frowned upon (except by my Bio-Mechanic), but this is one topic which is highly relevant to those who have received trauma to their brain. It’s a “Bio-hack” that has been around only for 10 years, but if anyone does indeed take Redox signalling supplements, could you please speak up?

I won’t put forth a link, there are plenty of clips of YouTube.
Thanks, and good Sunday, ciao, Roland

ps. My 10 month glute lock is reduced to about 20% of what it was. The lower I can control my core the faster it unlocks (which is happening right now as I type). Bliss and relief !!!

4 Likes

I have no insight into Redox signalling but just wanted to say how pleased I am to hear of your progress on your locked glute.

2 Likes

Thx, Ann,

What I discovered on the Runners’ forum was just what I was ready to hear, in every way. My heart was pounding when I came across it, the next night I engaged my core and felt my glute give up several notches of tension. Now, I have even better control of my lower core muscles, and can release tension at will. My motivation has rocketed & the sky’s the limit!

Hope you’re good,
ciao, ciao, Roland

2 Likes

Really sounds you’ve found exactly what you’ve been seeking for so long. I’m so pleased for you.

Not sure if this is any good but landed in my inbox today.

2 Likes

Thx, Ann,

Clams not recommended for piriformis, as it can aggravate.
But otherwise, almost anything with core will help.

Thx, Roland

1 Like

Is this the ASEA supplement ? Asea is a pyramid scheme seller which always puts me off and, for what I can see, it seems to be comprised of hydrogen peroxide and water. I took a look at it a few months ago as I am supplement mad, but I decided to give this one a swerve

2 Likes

I view that as a really good thing! Tell you what about pyramid scheme, I’m not a fan either, and tried to dissuade my wife from buying a Thermomix for the kitchen, years ago. I was wrong & it’s a brilliant machine that she uses all the time.

Improve Redox signalling after a stroke? It’s worth gold if the supplement works. After speaking to my Radiologist friend, I’m going to give it a go. I’m so objective, that the placebo effect will not work on me. I should see a difference is 3-4 weeks, he says, if it works. Trouble is there are no scientific papers proving it does… yet!

ciao, Roland

1 Like

Redox signalling supplements. I am very interested in supplements. I have never heard of this one. I found it on Amazon and it is very very expensive. I looked at the ASEA website and the details of Redox signalling supplements. Can’t say I am any the wiser, but then I have no scientific expertise.

I would want some very strong bona fide recommendations before I would invest that amount of money.

3 Likes

So I wait your reports with anticipation, Pando!

3 Likes

Hi JPS,

It is expensive, but since I spent £1800 on a treadmill, and just as much on a Healy, I would spend £75 on the Redox supplement, (that’s per month) or to try it out. Now if the average person could look into cell-to-cell communication and realize the potential in coming across something that facilitates that, then it’s a no brainer (pun intended). It’s an essential bio-hack, and I have heard good things from a friend and her husband who take it, but as to whether the supplement works, that’s another question. Mind you YouTube has a number of clips on Redox signalling… so come on somebody !! I will be looking into it, just thought of asking here, first. I must say, the lack of response surprises me. I’m afraid, I’m starting to think I’m in the wrong group?!

ciao, Roland

1 Like

I really hope it has some benefits for you. I look forward to hearing more in due course.

1 Like

What is frowned upon is not their business (not mine either). You need to do what you need to do, dear friend. I want you to be as safe as possible, but I know that desperate times call for desperate measures.

Take good care!

3 Likes

I’m using ASEA Renu 28 Gel at the moment

1 Like

Maybe the clue is in your opening line?

After 10 minutes of wandering around Google Scholar I haven’t found anything I could read that would educate me about the landscape that you are suggesting we would have opinions on or interest in.

A bit about cancer care, some discussion of peroxide,…

The use of Google for the same shows me a lot of stuff that has extravagant adjectives alongside extravagant prices with many of the equivalents of “up to 100%” Which of course is utterly meaningless without a “from x%” (where x could be 0 and the probability across the range could be from massive to vanishing)

Perhaps a little context and scene setting?

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Hi Simon,

it’s the fundamental mechanism through which cells communicate. REDOX (REDuction and OXidation) and signalling molecules is an essential process and a very critical one to keep in balance. For stroke survivors it is highly relevant. I put together a quick collection of talks on the subject. Hope it helps,

ciao, Roland

I bought a book (and have completed 80%) which is highly accessible, and you can find it on Amazon for kindle & paperback called “Redox Cell Signaling: How Your Body Talks” by M Gardner, Stan.

Here’s a Teletubbies primer (not watched)

This is a quick 5 minute intro

Then There’s a good, but somewhat difficult for the layman to understand youtube clip here:

which talks about Mechanism of Redox signalling, Redox imbalance, Reactive oxygen species (ROS) pathways, Mitochondrial ROS production, Antioxidants, Oxidative stress, ROS in cellular metabolism, Cytokines. Infection & Immune system regulation.

Another clip I watched

Then you can look up Dr Samuelson, Gary who was the atomic physicist who bottled the Redox Sig. molecules for ASEA (commercial product).

3 Likes