3. Crane spreading wings
  4. Looking Backwards
  5. Left and Right swing
  6. Up and down stretch
  7. Diagonal knock
  8. Toe and heel bounce.

Enjoy, ciao, Roland

8 Likes

@Matthew1798 How do you rate Qigong Master Judy Young ?

1 Like

She is excellent!

I’ve done the 8 pieces of Silk Brocade for a few years. It is amazing!

Make sure you’re inhaling and exhaling when appropriate. I’m so happy you’re doing this – wow!

I’ve been trying to find some good leg exercises for you. I don’t want you to do something where you could easily fall. But really, Roland, what you posted above is EXCELLENT. I don’t know why I never posted that video for you. I’ve been following it for a few years. Sorry.

By the way, some of the exercises are way easier than they look – trust me! I actually got out of breath doing a few a while back.

Take good care.

3 Likes

I agree Matthew,

I’ve also followed her clips for quite some time. Pity she has only 3 on her channel, but if you come across anything at this level, please give me a shout ! I particularly like no talking, and she says she often makes a “hiss” sound on exhalation during demonstrations to show when breathing out to students.

I hope this inspires people here to start Qigong ; it really is a great discipline for stroke survivors.

Ciao, Roland

1 Like

True, but today I stood still for 2 minutes with feet together and eyes closed, no support. I think this deserves a Level-1 award in terms of balance, and I am looking to exercise and stimulate more proprioceptors to encourage them to come online.

thx, Roland

4 Likes

That’s good! Remember to go slowly. Don’t think about goals – just move forward and feel everything in the moment.

Hao-la! All is well, getting better.

2 Likes

Qigong practice focuses on mastering the art of breathing.
How we breathe has a vital effect on our well-being physically, mentally, and spiritually. As you gain more control of your breathing, you gain more mastery of the rest of your body.

Your heart beats slower and more effectively; Muscles relax.
Levels of nitric oxide increase, which relaxes blood vessel muscles and lowers blood pressure

Deep breathing is a signal to your body that the danger is over.
The fight-or-flight hormone production stops and your body returns to a neutral, peaceful state. Your mind becomes clear and you regain perspective.

This peace spills over into every part of your life.
Judy K Young

1 Like

I love that! :heart: :100:

Take good care.

1 Like

That is soooo peaceful …… saved it via YouTube to watch more times …. Wish I could manage all of it, but I can’t stand too long because of spinal probs, and had to smile at you standing with feet together … I can’t get my feet together because my right hip down to toe isn’t inline, which could be due to arthritis in hip and knee and so I would fall over :joy: …. but I should be ok to at least try something :+1:

3 Likes