Positive thinking šŸ¤” Do they work for you?

Iā€™ve had lots of chats about positive thinking and generally in life Iā€™m a positive person! However Since my stroke in November Iā€™ve struggled to get the grey clouds away! This week though Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m turning a corner ( more s slight bend though!) and am really trying to turn it around .It began with wise words from someone off here (forgotten who sorry!!) But I appreciated them!!
Iā€™m just wondering what you guys think and any wise advice??
Sam x :blush:

4 Likes

I would say you are being positive just by coming on to the forums and wanting to join in. Sometimes when I come on I get a lift in my mood just by being on here. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @Sammy1 (& @sunnyday )

For meā€¦
If they are genuine then yes, they have to be plausible.

It makes a big difference if Iā€™m telling them to myself or if somebody else is telling them to me too.

A glib ā€œyouā€™ll have no problemsā€ or something similar from someone else is a big turn off. It tells me they arenā€™t observing, arenā€™t listening, arenā€™t aware of what itā€™s like to live in my head

Look up toxic positivity for another angle on disingenuous words

Negativity is definitely an unwelcome message with a potential to be self-fulfilling.

2Ā¢

3 Likes

I am the Founder and Director of Godsmission

2 Likes

I canā€™t offer a way to keep a good patch going or drive bad vibes away, but it helps to realise that life is all about ups and downs.

You need to watch out for the good times and use them well.

Rest, hunker down and take care of you and yours when things arenā€™t going so well.

Donā€™t expect it to always go your way, but be grateful when it does.

You are not alone, everyone else is going through this. Be kind to yourself and to one another.

Keep on keepinā€™ on
:writing_hand: :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

@Sammy1 itā€™s a big change and itā€™s hit me emotionally. Normally I donā€™t let things bother me too much. My positivity is things could have been much worse but Iā€™m still here. Ye going to be a lot of changes with everything going on with me but hey the Drs and meds hopefully get me sorted. Being on the forum here helps me.

Take care
Steve

5 Likes

I do generally believe in the power of positive thinking. Not sure I always demonstrate it though.

There will be many ups & downs along the recovery road but as time moves on youā€™ll probably have more positive than negative thoughts.

4 Likes