Pip with state pension?

Advice please. Nearly 5 years on. No improvement, very Grateful for pip. Shortly reaching 66 years & state pension.
(Do they contact you before? Pension. )PIP ,on 10 years, soft touch?
Do they stop pip?
Good still reading your improvements & stories, but now struggle, to join in much.
Good speaking David.

2 Likes

Once you receive PIP you continue after pension age

2 Likes

I believe that if you’re already on PIP you continue to receive it when you get to pension age.

1 Like

I was awarded PIP in Oct 2023 for 10 years and started getting my state pension in Dec 2023. (Would have only been able to claim attendance allowance if stroke had happened 2-3 months later).
Hope things improve for you one day soon.

2 Likes

I believe all the advice above is correct as reflected in

Personal Independence Payment (PIP Payments) | Age UK.

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Hi Trace, heard somewhere? If awarded 10 years, before pension, after 10 years, just basic form, only asking if improvement? Pension, how much time before, did they contact you?
Good speaking to someone new , but as always, sorry for your stroke. David.

1 Like

Thanks Janet . David.

Always so positive. :grin: Thanks David.

Simon , looked up & helpful. Thanks David.

1 Like

I received my letter inviting me to apply for my state pension at the end of December. I am eligible to retire at the start of April, so you should hear 4 months before.

3 Likes

My wife got a letter in January and she’s eligible in May…

2 Likes

Hello David.
I had stroke in June 2023. Started the forms for PIP very soon after but took my time with them to make sure I included everything as I didn’t want to end up appealing if I got turned down. It would’ve been too stressful :scream_cat:. I still had to have a telephone assessment which took around 2.5hrs - I slept well that night. So, I was awarded PIP for 10yrs before needing re-assessment with the proviso that I must advise them of any improvements that could engender my entitlement. I’ve had some improvements but not enough to disqualify me - too many ‘bad’ days still.
I had a letter asking me to apply for my pension 3 or 4 months prior to my 66th birthday in December.

Does this answer your questions?

3 Likes

Thanks Trace. Telephone assessment, understand possible anxiety & fatigue, from that. Telephones , can not manage well.PIP Home assessment for me. My wife wanted to help. Insisted I was ok, really struggled. Typical man, now accept & appreciate help, better. Yes, thanks for answering. David.

2 Likes