Photo pic

can anyone help with a stupid guide on how i change my pic, when i post or like anything it comes up as yellow circle with c in it, i want to change that to an actual picture of me. any help please gratefully accepted, as I’m tech savvy

2 Likes

Hi Chris67 , Simon or Bobi are the wiz kids on Forum. I’m still happy being a young tawny owl

3 Likes

Hi @chris67

To change your profile photo, please follow the instructions here: How to add a profile photo.

If you’d like to explore more guidance on how to change your settings or navigate the forum, please visit our web portal. Alternatively you can also contact us on the Service desk for more help.

1 Like

Hi Chris, click on your avatar in the top right corner of your screen.

• Click on the little person at the bottom of the drop down menu.

• Select Preferences

• Now select the pencil beside your avatar.

• From there you can select your own customised pic by clicking on Upload and selecting something from your own files. If you already have a pic against your current email, you can select Gravat, based on.
    Once you’ve made your pic selection just click Save Changes.

Hope that helps, just give a shout if stuck :wink:

2 Likes

@chris67

Well I got here, but I think you received a couple of excellent answers here already.

As I write this I see you haven’t got your profile pic up yet.

You’ll get it sorted when you are ready, I’m sure, but if you need a bit more help just post here again and one, other or all of us will pop up at your service.

Looking forward to seeing your brand new shiny avatar soon.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Happy to help if you need it but I can see you got advice

I don’t actually recommend it… But if you want documentation on discourse what there is of the official stuff is at Discourse New User Guide - users - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

all sorted, thanks everyone

3 Likes

Well done, @chris67 , glad you got it sorted.

Always shout out here if you have something to say or a question to ask.

Day in, day out, the kettle is on and the door permanently wedged open.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

Well done

And what have you got your notifications set to? :smiling_face: They are worth setting too and they’re in your profile :slight_smile:

Happy to help

1 Like

I get notifications too

1 Like

Actually I mostly meant setting them off! Or at least reducing the level from going ping all the time

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m new to the forum but your image based answer helped me get my pic up in a jiffy.

Not managed to post yet, too busy reading, learning and being inspired by you all but will join in soon just needed to post this quick thanks. XO

2 Likes

Wow 1.4 k posts!

Welcome @RayKes
We only get visibility when you post so that’s why the welcome now rather than on the 25th of December interesting day to join on :slight_smile:

I guess given you read a bit you’ll have got the lie of the land? Have begun to work out the geography etc but anything that’s confusing you do shout :slight_smile: do I need to say this is a place to celebrate support Have the cathartic moan? I assume you’ve read that on other Welcome to the forum posts?

Ciao
Simon

PS you have posted! That’s why I replied to :slight_smile: I guess you mean not managed to do an introductory hello and this is my story? We enjoy reading but it’s not mandatory :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay, so glad it helped a newbie :smile: And welcome to the forum :people_hugging: It’s what this place is all about, to help each other through this quagmire we call stroke. And hopefully see each other through to the other side and our new normal.
There is a mammoth amount of useful posts on here and I’m pretty sure you’ll find plenty you can relate to.
And don’t be afraid to ask anything, you’re not alone in this now, and nothing is too trivial or out of the ordinary. Look forward to seeing you around the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, didn’t realise I’d joined on Christmas Day but it was a bit of a non day for us really and it would have been in the early hours of the morning when I was reading whilst Ray slept. Thought it was time to join as I have been lurking for a few months. I’m the carer and Ray, my partner, is the survivor/warrior.

I have been reading a lot, it’s been very uplifting/encouraging/reassuring/informative listening to you all and, in time, I hope we can give back.

I did post, didn’t I and now I’ve gone and done it again. Soon, you’ll be begging me to stop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I’ve already found loads of helpful posts, will get on over to the Welcome section and tell our story as soon as I can.

XO

1 Like

I’m glad you found the community supportive and all those other things :slight_smile:

My carer is @BakersBunny But she just offered the sentence completion " mad as a box of frogs” !

Why don’t you join the zoom one Thursday :slight_smile:

In the meantime lurk, read, contribute, etc as you feel comfortable :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon

1 Like