Personal Independence Payment

Hi Folks
Reading all your comments on P.I.Ps regarding refusal/appeal/points & yes the frustration it’s can cause individually
I too have gone through this process for my 2nd appraisal which found me obtaining letters from my GP/Neurologist/Physiotherapist/Mental Health Practitioner February 2021 receiving an e/mail & letter telling me they were still looking into the matter & their decision would be forwarded to me by a phone call & so March-April went by & true to their word I was told via an E/mail letter that they were still looking into their decision … no surprise there , as the months went by it was now September & was asked to provide any update on my disability where my Neurologist was able to provided that letter via E/mail asking for another update had me asking myself perhaps I had lost all qualifying points regarding my condition . So yes I can empathise fully the trials of gathering letters from hospitals ect who are involved with your care … .
Another Letter in the month of September telling me that a medical assessment would not be required in regards to my 2nd P.I.P.S. appraisal. Not a panic attack as such but did have visions of being having to leave the Mobility scheme & returning my rented Mini in November of that year I found myself juggling with the idea of buying aMini that has given me so much freedom these past 2 years …
And so that long awaited phone call came in November where I was told their decision would be looked at again in 2032 & they will continue with the enhanced rate of 12 points allowing me to purchase on the mobility scheme another Mini in fact sorry 3 more Mini’s with the mobility scheme .
Yes there is a very long wait for a decision & for yourselves to obtain all the relevant letters from the professional bodies that your registered with granted it’s takes months almost a year for whatever decision is made so be prepared to wait & perhaps a recent medical update regarding your health
Don’t give up folks there is a long awaited time in whatever decision they make & I was fortunate in receiving a very unexpected letter in November .

4 Likes

@Jordan what a relief that you dont have to reapply for 10 years although it sure was a long wait for you.

Watch out world here comes Jordan & his minis :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Thank you @Loshy @Mrs5K

:smiley::red_car::smiley:

2 Likes

That good news :slight_smile: happy for you

1 Like

Brilliant, a lot of hoops and hoopla, but good that they’ve made the right decision.

1 Like