Pain relief

Pain relief, have tried amiltryptapine for 3 weeks with no change in pain levels, now switching to gaba pentim300mg a day, fingers crossed

1 Like

That makes two of us, thanks it wol take a day or so to build I from what I’ve read.

MrFrederickson – I don’t remember if I mentioned this to you before. If so, sorry to repeat myself. Many people have been helped with CBD oil . I used the under-the-tongue drops for leg spasms, but others use it for pain. I use CBD cream on my back for arthritis pain . It helps me there. Also, many have been helped with hypnosis. But it must be done with a pyschotherapist who specializes in this and is trained in hyponotherapy. :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

Hope the change in pain meds works for you x

Here goes nothing, will do Lorraine, thanks

1 Like

First impressions 2 tablets down is good at 300mg, one more for a ful days dose, pain in leg subsided still face pain but not unhappy

2 Likes

Will see how 30mg doesfor the course of tablets runs for

1 Like

I have over the last two weeks suffered increased pain in my shoulder only on paracetamol and ibuprofen in hospital had dihydrocodieneany over the counter analgesic advice greatfully recieved go hopeless can get near them I mean a month for a telephone appointment

@Briansmith1962 not sure what sort of pain you have but have you thought about a gel like voltarol? Not sure what the strongest over the counter meds you can get are but talk to pharmacist they can help and also advise in relation to any interaction with any other meds you’re on.

Sorry to hear that I cannot take ibuprofen as it messes up my other medications do have been given codine and paracetimal by my GP to usein conjunction or independently two tablets, deals with my left side leg,hop pain for the most of it.good luck

I have peroxicam it does feelike nerve pain

I got tablets from the doctor they are antidepressants but it also says for Murrow pain they seem to be working

1 Like

Thanks for lettingus know, it seems the anti depressant family of pain killers have a dual use on noratripyline now25mg once an evening, was tried on amiltryptapine and gabapentim neither of which gave any relief

Hello. I’m new to the group. My husband had a stroke (2 previous TIAs) a month ago. He is struggling to sleep due to spasms and pain in his thigh and knee. GP has prescribed diazapam but only offers about 4 hrs of sleep. Does anyone have similar symptoms and if so what have you found to work? Many thanks. Theresa

@hadfieldtheresa Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your husbands stroke. Hope you find lots of advice & support here.

I’m not on any painkilling meds so not able to help with your query sorry. I just wanted tk welcome you. I know there are others who will be able to help though.

Best wishes to you & your husband.

Ann x

Thank you very much Ann x

Thank you Lorraine. X

1 Like

Thanks. It’s sadly reassuring that this pain is common to many stroke patients.

Hi Theresa sorry to hear of your husband’s Tia’s and stroke.the common use of paracetamol and codine for general pain. Brain associated pain I have used noratripyline with some limited success, good luck

Thank you for your feedback. All replies so helpful as this is so new to us both.