OverSeas Members

I was born in Bonnie Scotland, but came to USA when I was about 6 years old. I’ve been back twice and have family in Sterling. I also have family in New Zealand. I realize this is a UK site and am wondering how many Americans, Canadians, or other folks from around the world we have here. Let us know.
Cheerio the noo.
Derek

4 Likes

I think there are quite a few from the US. Everyone is welcome. Stroke does not discriminate between nationalities. Just remember when we talk about health systems we are normally talking UK and the NHS.

4 Likes

@Janetb Thanks just curious and might be interesting to all in forum.

3 Likes

Hi @Outlander. My husband grew up in Stirling, we went for a visit 3 weeks ago to see family. It is a beautiful part of the world. Bonny Scotland indeed :scotland: .I 'm a Yorkshire lass living long term in Geordie land ( Newcastle/Northumberland) which is very lovely too. Sorry I get this is not what you were asking. Easily distracted :joy: Julia x

4 Likes

@JuliaH Can’t believe I spelled Stirling wrong…lol Blame it on my stroke hand. Also Bonnie is a lassie’s name…Bonny is “lovely”.
Yorkshire is such a beautiful place. I love the YouTube walks thru the area. I like to watch “All creatures Great and Small”. The countryside is unbelievable.

4 Likes

Hi @Outlander. God’s own country apparently. Spelling is no longer my forte, I’m just grateful if I remember the word :woozy_face:x

3 Likes

Folk from the states deff. includes @DeAnn and @axnr911 and @Chlodog
From Aus is @Bunshine

They may know of others

4 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh Thanks Simon.

4 Likes

I was born in Tasmania to a Welsh father and Portuguese mother, and consider myself a citizen of the world.

3 Likes

@Rups We have a TV show here called “Alone” and this season they have to survive the Tasmanian wilderness. A good show.

3 Likes

Hi Derek - I live in San Marcos, a town in San Diego County, california. Jeanne

1 Like

@axnr911 Hey there Jeanne, nice to hear from you. We are at opposite ends of the country. I’m in NJ.
Hope you are doing well.
Derek

2 Likes

Hi Derek-- Yes we are distant, but I was there once for about a year. I was born in Englewood, New Jersey. :grin: Jeanne

1 Like

Hi Outlander, I was born in Kent, then moved to Scotland, then in 1970 came to New Zealand and been here ever since. Now 2.5 years post stroke, I live in a serviced apartment in a small retirement village.
I’m Jean.

1 Like

@axnr911 I was raised in New Brunswick, NJ
@Jfitz Jean: I’ve been to NZ twice. There are many areas that look like Scotland. Beautiful country.

2 Likes