One long term goal crossed off 😃

Hi everyone, I started writing a book back in 2018 inspired by my family history . Some truth and a lot of my imagination . When I had my stroke August 2021 I cried a lot thinking that I would never be able to complete it . Well I have ! And it’s being proof read now .
I ll let you know when it’s on Amazon​:joy::joy:
Having a goal that’s nothing to do with my arm or leg as helped so much . writing and any Hobby old or new are so important I think in order to switch off from stroke symptoms
Best wishes to you all :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Hi Christine that’s a massive achievement :clap: :clap:. You must be so pleased with yourself.

Thank you for sharing your achievement, very inspiring to read that you have achieved such a big, long term goal. :full_moon_with_face:.

Keep on keeping on and sharing your achievements.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

@christine2 wow well done to you. I’m so pleased you finished your book. I hope you’ve celebrated loads.

Look forward to seeing it on Amazon :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Thankyou for your replies and best wishes. I’ve sent my manuscript to a publisher now .and off to start my next book now haha . So important to have an interest in something after stroke to take your mind off it . I joined an online writing forum and chatted to people who were all writing a novel . Their encouragement like this forum helped me enormously .
Hope you’re all doing well xx

4 Likes

Hope you’re on the best seller list & the booker prize before the end of next year. (before the end of this year seems more optimistic)

Well done
Simon

1 Like

Hi there the website is called Now Novel members are from all around the world . They have webinars and opportunities to have your work critiqued and for you to critique other members work too . Friendly people who certainly encouraged me to keep going even after my stroke . Good luck to you and hope you get back to your writing soon
Best wishes

1 Like

Wonderful @christine2, link as soon as you have it :smile:

2 Likes

Just an update :smiley:my book. Number 81 is now published on Amazon ! Wow can’t believe it ! No more tears thinking I’d never finish my book . Hobbies are so important don’t you think ? When I’m writing I can switch off from my damn stroke . Off to write book number 2 now haha . Hope everyone is doing ok xxxx

2 Likes

Well done :slight_smile:

Is it this one?
Number 81: Are the secrets of the past ever forgotten?

?
Caio
Simon

1 Like

Yes !’ Thankyou Simon I didn’t know how to put a link up here .

2 Likes

Fantastic @christine2 you should be very proud of what you’ve achieved. Here’s to book number 2 :clap::clap: xx

Oooo just looked it up & it’s set in Shrewsbury…not too far from me :grin:

1 Like

Thank you mrs5 k YEs it’s set in Shrewsbury . I grew up there :smiley: and still have family there . I used to visit a lot but not so much since my stroke :disappointed:

2 Likes