One carer down, now what? Google it, maybe?

I have always been generous to Hilary.
We share everything
She is at this moment in bed experiencing my man flu.

Actually it is probably little girl flu brought into the house by one of the work men’s daughters who sat primly in a corner coughing up her germs.
I was hit first and have had a week of it. Hilary decided to join me yesterday.

Of course I will be able to take care of myself. There are packets of biscuits and bags of crisps in the cupboard, I checked. There is coffee in the jar and if anyone comes to the door I will shout very loudly, as I munch a chocolate biscuit, “Go away. Go away. We have the plague!”

Hilary is curled up in a ball in bed and doesn’t want anything but I will tell her you are saying she must get well soon. After all she has a Bobbi to look after.

She will appreciate your sympathy.

There will be more news eventually, I expect, but for now, stay well and . . .

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :face_with_head_bandage: :+1:

3 Likes

Thought you looked rough on Friday night Bobi. Could you manage to rip the skin off a banana or chomp a carrot. Or nibble a sprout, you need your five a day. Now don’t come the helpless male here. We know you can bake bread, fry donuts and make pizza. Now’s the time to surprise HillaryH with a lemon drizzle

2 Likes

Poor Hilary has it worse than me right now. It is the middle of the night 1-2 am and I’ve just been playing doctor administering a spoonful of cough jollop to us both. I also gave Hilary a cuddle on the side of the bed. She is not well and seemed to appreciate that.

I know, ‘get a room!’ It will probably last a few days. Am I talking about the cuddling?

It’s one of those bugs that doesn’t want food, we’ll just rest and keep drinking plenty.

We’ll be okay Paul , thanks for your concern.

I’ll be baking as soon as . . .

We’ve got Mozarella, tomatoes, herbs, just thinking.

1 Like

It’s 3 am and I decided to forget the pizza for now and drop it in favour of a bowl of porage for tomorrow morning. I’ve put a pan of oats with a pinch of salt on to soak in milk and water.

I hope Hilary can manage a spoonful or two. A boiled egg at lunch time with a slice of bread might fit the bill.

I must get back to bed and see what the morning brings.

keep on keepin’ on

1 Like

Well it is 6.00 am and I haven’t had a good night, seemed like there wasn’t much I could do to improve it.

I am up and dressed again and will go make myself a coffee then return to sit and contemplate my insignificance in the midst of this huge, complex and possibly also insignificant universe.

Perhaps something will turn up on the screen of my laptop.

A comment which has appeared next to this post implies that ‘fewer in-depth replies’ might make for easier reading.

Sounds like there’s no room around here for an in depth post, though I am sure the intention was not to suggest such a thing.

Also the suggestion that replying to several posts at once might be ‘worth considering’ prompts me to make the following comment.

This is response to all that has been written here and also to what is yet to come, it is also directed to those who have written here, those who have read here and those who will come here later:

I hope you get as much from participating here as I have. Thank you to those who have made this space possible, thanks also to those who have maintained it, contributed to it and quite probably even more important, thanks to the reader, because without readers there wouldn’t be much point to all this.

keep on keepin’ on

9.00 am and soldiering on. Won’t wake Hilli until later. Rest is probably the best remedy, maybe followed by a bowl of porage later.

2 Likes

@Bobbi i’m sure you’re thanking said little girl for passing on the germs. Hope you’re both on the mend very soon. Just be careful with all the attention you’re giving Hilary she might decide to stay poorly longer if you do too good a job :rofl:

Get well soon xx

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you are both feeling unwell. Your post is hilarious as usual :rofl: :joy:.

Give Hilary my best wishes and I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Regards Sue

3 Likes

This morning sees us still under the weather, builders are back to trudge up and down our stairs, we sit and cough and splutter and cough some more.

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

Oh what ails ye, ye’ve gone all strange?

1 Like

Hope the pestilence has moved on. Gloomy days don’t help, bit of sun and a window open to hear the birds a warbling and even sparrows squabbling lifts my spirits.

2 Likes

Hope the pestilence has moved on. Gloomy days don’t help, bit of sun and a window open to hear the birds a warbling and even sparrows squabbling lifts my spirits. Our thoughts are with you both Paul

2 Likes

Oh Bobby, I’m so sorry you are both down with the man/woman flu. I hope you both feel a lot better in another day or two :people_hugging:
You may be down, but you’re certainly not out, love your sense of humour, you just keep on keepin’ on :laughing:

Kids are always the worst for spreading the dreaded lurgy. My two used to that as kids and I’d nurse and pamper them along with hubby…he just tends to hibernate for 3 days with water and paracetamol. Then once they were all better and back at school and work I’d come down with it and was left to fend for myself :frowning_face: :confounded:

1 Like

If you don’t just keep on keepin’ on then you just stop.

Then it goes quiet, awful quiet.

We can’t have that, can we?

Go give the dustbin lid a darn good shake.

3 Likes

Might try to tempt Hilary with this the night after next, when, hopefully the black beans will arrive.

Chicken with blackbeans, steamed veg and rice.

I reckon that looks quite tempting.
I’ll be using carrot. celery, french beans and mushrooms.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smile: :+1:

1 Like

Can I come to, we love that dish so you might need 4 extra place setting :yum: :rofl:

2 Likes

That’d definitely tempt me out my sickbrd. Looks delicious although i’d have to pick the mushrooms out :rofl:

Hope the germs are easing for you both. xx

2 Likes

@Mrs5K

Thank you

I think Hilary has a way to go yet, but we are surviving.

:smile:

2 Likes

The builders have left, just waiting for a perching stool.
Hilary is still lurgified.

1 Like

I saw this card when looking for birthday cards yesterday and immediately thought of you, hope you both feeling much better soon :smile:

3 Likes

@EmeraldEyes

That just about sums it up. Thanks anyhow.

I dug the steamer out and steamed marinaded chicken with home made black bean sauce, fresh veg with mushrooms and turmeric rice. The chicken was tender, juicy and tasty with the black beans.

Poor Hilary wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t sure if she wanted any. I told her just to try a little. She hoovered up the lot with a glass of shandy, then proceeded o devour a hot cross bun. She hasn’t eaten properly for days, so no harm done. I don 't think she is over the bug yet, I feel a lot better but it hasn’t left the room.

I hope you are well and thriving,
keep on keepin’ on

1 Like

That’s the thing when you’re coming out of illness, you may still not feel like eating until you get over that first bite to reawaken the tastebuds :grinning:
We still remember our son as a baby getting over a similar. So we tried him with a bit toast and the poor lad was in tears of frustration because he couldn’t eat it quick enough…he didn’t even have teeth at that age :laughing: