Not good day alas no job

Job interview journey was a nightmare, made good time but after an hour and a half decided it wasn’t going anywhere as no satnav nor map app could get us there, phoned the company couldn’t even get anyone to answer my wife poor woman who was driving called time and we went home, if I had to do the 200 mile round trip each month it was a step too far need more local even if it is primarily remote working and an office trip in monthly.
Oh wel will try again somewhere else.

5 Likes

Well done for making the effort that in itself was a learning curve I think (?) and your first step. the second step is always easier - something to build on and get more momentum.
:slight_smile:
I guess you’re using all the websites including remploy?

It was just not meant to be, that one!
Better luck next time

2 Likes

well maybe someone was telling you that job was not right for you. better luck next time. in the words of Kate Bush “don’t give up”

2 Likes

Hi Simon mainly using linked in an my own network, will look at remploy

1 Like

Yes my thoughts exactly, onwards and upward.

1 Like

Yes Chris I will keep on plodding along exploring every opportunity as it arises in tandem to my recovery,

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi
I’m https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonharrispmp

If you want to connect and have a looking for work post I’ll share it

Thanks I’ve put text in my profile

Sorry you had a wasted journey Mark @mrfrederickson I think that journey would have been far too much on a regular basis. Hopefully something better will be just around the corner.

1 Like

Yes Mrs5k my wife’s thoughts exactly as it would have fallen to her to drive it until such time as my body repairs itself sufficiently for me to drive myself

2 Likes

I feel for you and can empathise. My son is in a similar position, just at the bottom of the working ladder still trying to get his foot on the bottom rung for his first proper job in the world of adults :smile: He’s got an interview tomorrow which he’s more confident of as he’s already been in phone conversations with them.
So fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: that something turns up for both of you. And closer to home in your case, 200 mile round trips once a month, what were you thinking, are you trying to give yourself another stroke :roll_eyes: Don’t give yourself that kind of road stress.

1 Like

Sounds promising Lorraine, fingers crossed that it goes smoothly, my youngest is looking for an apprenticeship in horticulture, so similar challenges

1 Like