Nose bleeds

Had horrendous nose bleeds since Thursday … mid afternoon, out of nowhere, a rush of blood down nose down chin …grabbed tissues and sat and nipped nose for 15 mins till flow stopped. I know even a small amount of blood looks like a lot, but this was a lot … thought it was a one-off. Went to bed as usual then woken up by some sort of tingle in nose and once again lots of blood. Woke Billy, and we came downstairs… it was just after 4.30 in morning :scream: … same as before managed to stop it and we just stopped downstairs and I made sure I was just sitting upright on the sofa incase of another bleed …I have no idea why , so phoned our doc to see if I could speak to her…receptionist says I can get you face to face appointment for 11.30 same morning, yep these docs have been brill :+1: lovely young doctor asked lots of questions, had a look and said it does look inflamed, and will probs be from me getting that really bad chest with bad cold couple weeks back. Asked if I had been blowing nose much more than usual, yes, said it dries out the nasal cavities and they crack and allow the many little veins to bleed heavily :scream: … gave me some special nose cream to put little inside round nostrils etc. said not to worry, it has been very common this past couple months … told how to control it, mustn’t lean down, mustn’t pick up anything heavy at all, and try to sleep on enough pillows so that head is upright :woman_shrugging:t3: … came back from doctors, and had another big bleed mid afternoon again, then again during night which was then Friday … daughter came over and stopped overnight but had another mid afternoon so she saw how bad … used the cream (it keeps inside nose moist as not to let it get dry)then had another during the night again …but had none on the Saturday, just keeping fingers crossed for no more …I am tired and feel weak, no energy …I am just going to sit quietly, go nowhere and not talk too much (:rofl::rofl:) … … now I dare not go anywhere, can’t risk that happening outside and my head doesn’t feel right … I know the feelings we can get inside our heads once had strokes and brain bleed as I did last summer, and I guess I am “looking” for them cos I am feeling a bit frightened :woman_shrugging:t3::scream: sorry it’s a lot longer message than I thought …xx

1 Like

I am not on blood thinners as I had brain bleeds same time as strokes, so cannot take even aspirin, nor any other meds which thin blood

1 Like

@Ismeval you have sure had a bit of a time of it. Hopefully now the cream has had time to work they’ll settle down & stop. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

If it doesn’t another trip to drs may be needed. Let’s hope not. xx

1 Like