Night time diarrhoea

Has anyone else experienced this post stroke? I have had a recent experience that resulted in me fainting in the bathroom in the middle if the night. As I live alone this was a frightening experience. Just wondering if it is in some way connected with fatigue as I had pushed myself to hard over Christmas

3 Likes

It’s not something i’ve experienced or heard of anyone experiencing. Over doing things can cause issues but it’s difficult to say if this was caused by that. I would suggest you get in touch with your GP ASAP and get yourself checked over.

Best wishes

Ann

1 Like

I have been checked at hospital but they had no explanation

1 Like

Hi @Brhodes001
Starting with the normal caveat of not medically trained…

I would guess that given how long it was since your stroke and your general grit and breadth of reading here that diarrhoea is not connected with your stroke .

I would suggest that their might be correlations the other way - in that diarrhoea tends to dehydrate, and dehydration can then be a contributory to fatigue and re-emergence of weaknesses (‘decompensations’)

If it’s been going on more than 2 or 3 days I would suggest talking to a pharmacist and if they recommend your GP then following that advice. I would let the pharmacist know your history and current medication etc

I hope that the “pushing it over Christmas” means that you’ve had a good one! :slight_smile:
Plans for New year’s Eve?

Simon

1 Like