New record distance

After a 30 minute session on the bike I managed 5km and 172 calories burnt in less than 30 minutes

All in part from great music my iPods and playlist on my phone it’s a great combination for passing the time.

Take care everyone keep on plugging away and daylight may appear at the end of your journey.

8 Likes

Well done on your record distance @mrfrederickson :clap:. Keep up the good work but don’t overdo it.

Steve

3 Likes

That’s a great achievement :slight_smile:

Some find striving for more strenuous capability gives them cramp and spasticity so as long as you’re avoiding that seems you’re doing great :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Well done you👏.

Keep on keeping on.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

Thanks Simon was very wobbly walking back to my chair but so satisfying and touch wood no side effects that a good night’s sleep can’t cure.

3 Likes

Cheers Steve yes moderation in everything I do run a risk of doing too much as the joy of doing something that has been blocked for 3 years comes back

I’ll be careful.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. If I do too much in the garden I’m wobblier than normal after BUT I don’t tend to bring on fatigue like that so feel it’s sustainable - but finding & sticking to ‘the line’ is a balance

Ciao
Simon

3 Likes

Absolutely Simon balance is the key to success in recovery, keep on trucking.

3 Likes

Brilliant, I envy you (in a good way),
way to go, ciao, Roland

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson thats fantastic. What an achievement. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Thanks Roland

I have days when I watch people walking with grace and ease my envy feels wrong but it’s how I feel

4 Likes

That’s over 3 miles so well done you @mrfrederickson you’re making good distance and progress, keep it coming :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks it wa also the speed in which I reached the 5km that cheered me the most

4 Likes

I know exactly how you feel, there’s nothing wrong with longing to regain our freedom. I’m grounded for the moment, but better days will see me out and about, cheers, Roland

2 Likes

Deffo the right attitude :slight_smile:

Never give up the aspirations

Onwards& upwards
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes Roland the disability is only part of it constant pain all be it reduced or controlled makes me very sad with no time limit on it , could be for the rest of my life, no significant changes in sensation on my affected side in over 3 years, wears me down and pushes my endurance to the limit. Of human tolerance.

2 Likes

Yup, Endurance, tolerance, stamina.
Well, if your affected leg is working so well on the treadmill, and in real life, I expect it has some feeling, right? and surely some stimulation can help induce more sensation?

just trying to get the big picture, good luck, Roland

2 Likes

Yes both limbs feel pain but limited muscle feeling as if the body doesn’t recognise the existence of the limbs

2 Likes

I’m 16 months post stroke (severe 26/42), and know exactly what you mean, because my nerves, muscles (which I’ve managed to keep in relatively good shape) and feeling is only starting to come together now. Proprioception is still super weak and my Chinese dr says I’ve turned a corner, and it’s time to focus on inner awareness, and leave the outer world… my muscles are reasonably strong, but I’m full of paraesthesia in my foot. The next challenge !!!

good luck, Roland

2 Likes

Hi Roland my arm
Is totally flaccid just an appendage feeling but no basic movement can grip but nothing more the leg is strong but no flexibility in the knee or ankle the brain messages don’t come through although I can walk badly without a stick using it like a plank of wood.

The invisible line dividing my body hasn’t majorly changed since the spell in hospital

Ultimately my sensory and moto cortex’s were damaged by the stroke so waiting for it to reroute and help me improve meantime life goes on as does the pain in my leg and foot. So I have to suck it up and endure.

2 Likes