New normal

Recovery the hard way

Sunday car checks re est them after a 3 year holiday

The fatigue is huge but I want it more than my body doesn’t

Establishing my own self.

6 Likes

Well done Mark, i bet it feels great to get some of your previous normality back. You clearly lok after your cars well. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

2 Likes

Thanks mrs5k, I’ve over done it

I went for the full was with autoglym body shampoo

My good lady supporting the rinse and whammy stage.

All done but leg in pain and totally pooped out

It makes a £10 at the Eastern European car wash look good
Time for a rest

3 Likes

After a nip of baileys and some Harry Potter I feel ready for the wheel clean and tyre dressing tomorrow

4 Likes

Easy, man… Easy… Pace yourself :+1:

2 Likes

Sadly one of my passions

Since I could crawl.
To lose my license over a stroke is heart breaking for me.
I want it back so badly
Only ray of hope is the year on year improvement in my visual field test, not much but an improvement, which means something is repairing in my brain slowly.

5 Likes

My heart goes out to you, sir.
I too have a deep love of the ‘open road’, and find myself gazing longingly out at my little car sitting, so lonely, on the drive. As I’m so early (3 months) into my stroke journey, I fear it will be a long time before it moves again.
Should I dispose of it? Hang on to it? Watch it rot? I have no room on my property for a garage, so the slow process of time won’t improve the condition of the sub-structure. I fear I will have to take the first option, eventually.

3 Likes

Hi bob sorry to hear you have been caught by the stroke demon.
I sold my car as my wife had her own car so we reduced costs got rid of a diesel car which is more costly and switched her car to a smaller petrol car, lower operating costs.
My Landrover discovery 4 was not the cheapest option nir long term reliability a factor it was facing a thousand pounds worth of brake refreshments needed so banking the cas at we buy any car used it to support my semi retirement’s parking the cas for a day when I may drive again.

If the sight doesn’t come back I’m off to buy a trike and learn to peddle hard, may become a Rick shaw taxi.

4 Likes

Ha-ha-ha… And all power to your legs! However, looking at the surrounding countryside (albeit limited) from your pics, you’d need legs like Mo Farrah to ride a trike on a daily basis. But I wish you well.

1 Like

Thanks Bob and I you but I started my young life riding bikes a three wheel trike is my only option I will take it and man up.

Always hoping but have a cunning plan as always.

1 Like

All power to your kneecaps. :grin:

1 Like

Don’t give up on the eyesight front. When I had my stroke in April I could see very little in my left eye. It comes back gradually. I had a test at the Oxford eye hospital in July ( they show you flashing lights and you press a button when you notice them). I failed the first test big style but took it again last week and only missed one light. I am therefore good to go driving again Yay. You will get there.

4 Likes

Can just picture you belting down the country roads in one of these :smile:

1 Like

Didn’t they give them away free with a pack of Corn Flakes?

3 Likes

Hi well done for getting out and looking after your car I’m sorry this stroke has taken away you ability to drive …for now! I too am missing my car and freedom so so desperately, I had to sell mine and felt sad about it. I hope to drive again one day, so nice to hear people’s eyesight is improving, they told me mine would not. I have had some improvement through bit not much it been 3 years last July. Best wishes in your recovery :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Elle1
I feel your pain but I had a number of tias before the big stroke where my sight was affected but within day’s recovered so I’m firmly of the belief it will happen in-spite of being told it is highly unlikely.
I too have sold my car and am being chauffeured by my wife.

We will both recover it’s a matter of time.
I use an ap on the AppStore”visual attention “ full at £9.99

Practicing everyday to strengthen my muscles plus other visual tests.

This will be tested in august next year when I have taken the visual field test. Year on year improvement noted.

Good luck with your recovery.

2 Likes

Thankyou for your kind words I am wishing and praying hard for us all affected to improve and get better and better. I probably come across a little obsessed about driving but it was such a big hit for me and my family like you I’m sure. Best wishes

4 Likes

Not in the slightest

I’m the driving obsessive stroke survivor it’s all I can think of it’s been my joy since I was 17 until the stroke at 58.
So my wings have been. Severely been clipped

Much angry has followed

Much celebration will happen upon resuming.

3 Likes

Is it called Visual Attention Therapy Lite?

1 Like

The free version is named lite

Bu the one with fully functioning practice and test is a pay for at the price noted.

1 Like